CK20S transmission slipping

/ CK20S transmission slipping #1  

Jervis

Tractor
2012 Massey Ferguson 1648 Dyna, 2008 Kioti CK20s HST, 2012 Kubota B2630 w BH77
I have a 2008 ck20s and have noticed that when going into a pile to get a load in the bucket if my tires have good traction the transmission will slip instead of bogging down the tractor. We had a little kubota before this tractor and it would bog the motor down before it would ever slip.

I only have a few posts in this forum so i dont want people to think i go into a pile so hard that i bog down the tractor everytime i just noticed this issue one day when the ground was a little harder then i thought and became a concern.

Is this just a pressure issue and can be addressed or is something wrong?

/ CK20S transmission slipping #2  
Sounds like the classic symptom of a worn clutch to me. Did you or a previous owner ride the clutch to modulate speed? The clutch is not covered by warranty for this reason; you can burn one out in a couple days if you try. The bad news is that clutch replacement is a big job on a tractor; the tractor needs to be split and any loader removed first.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #3  
I have a 2008 also with 318 hrs. and have been working with some huge stumps this week. Mine will spin the tires or kill the engine if I forget to throttle up all the way. Not sure what to say on yours. Mine has the easy on the lawn tires though.

/ CK20S transmission slipping
I have a 2008 also with 318 hrs. and have been working with some huge stumps this week. Mine will spin the tires or kill the engine if I forget to throttle up all the way. Not sure what to say on yours. Mine has the easy on the lawn tires though.

We have owned the tractor since new it's always done it about 500 hours on it! I just joined here so thought I'd ask the question dealer said it was normal! What made me think it was pressure issue was it gets better if you rev it up

Does any one else have this issue?

/ CK20S transmission slipping #6  
Sounds like the classic symptom of a worn clutch to me. Did you or a previous owner ride the clutch to modulate speed? The clutch is not covered by warranty for this reason; you can burn one out in a couple days if you try. The bad news is that clutch replacement is a big job on a tractor; the tractor needs to be split and any loader removed first.
+1
The CK 20s is the gear model.
Sounds like a slipping clutch to me.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #7  
If it is a gear drive as Vince says, then it could be just a simple clutch adjustment needed. Consult your manual for the amount of free play at top of clutch before it disengages. If the clutch is properly adjusted and it still slips, time for a new clutch. Continued running with a badly worn clutch will likely damage the pressure plate and flywheel which will be some added dollars to the repair.

If it is a gear drive as Vince says, then it could be just a simple clutch adjustment needed. Consult your manual for the amount of free play at top of clutch before it disengages. If the clutch is properly adjusted and it still slips, time for a new clutch. Continued running with a badly worn clutch will likely damage the pressure plate and flywheel which will be some added dollars to the repair.

I'm sorry guys I forgot to say its a ck20s hst

Last edited:
   / CK20S transmission slipping #10  
My will bog down, it will not spin the tires which I see as something wrong, at 22hp the tractor should spin the tires if the ground is soft/hard enough, especially with the industrial tires.
I have noticed yesterday that if you put the front buck on the ground in full dump position and try to lift the tractor's front end off the ground with the loader it struggles to do so, it should lift the front end with no problem.