How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor?

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #1  

Texas Kioti

Tractor
2012 CK30HST
I've started a small mowing operation and would really like to mount a fire extinguisher on the CK30H. I figure the ROPS would be the best place...show me what you did if you have mounted one and where did you purchase the extinguisher you use? :thumbsup:

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #2  
On my 3215 I mounted it to the ROPS with 2 hose clamps holding the mounting bracket. On my 7520, I mounted it to the tool box that I also put on. I buy my extinguishers at COSTCO. The ROPS mount is the way to go for your CK30 IMO. ;)

Attachments

• 3215 fire extinguisher.jpg
    3215 fire extinguisher.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 390
  • P7160001.JPG
    P7160001.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 226
   / How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor?
Thanks yet again Brian!

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #4  
I don't, but I really should.

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor?
I don't, but I really should.

I'm a member of my local VFD, and we have put out 2 tractor fires in the last 3 months...you just never know...especially when you're cutting in thick dry fields

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #6  
I'm a member of my local VFD, and we have put out 2 tractor fires in the last 3 months...you just never know...especially when you're cutting in thick dry fields

Yup...

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #7  
On my 3215 I mounted it to the ROPS with 2 hose clamps holding the mounting bracket. On my 7520, I mounted it to the tool box that I also put on. I buy my extinguishers at COSTCO. The ROPS mount is the way to go for your CK30 IMO. ;)
I like the ROPS mount but doesn't brush and branches get at it when its on the outside? I guess I'm still adjusting my trails to tractor width and height so my ROPS is in the branches fairly often still... That reminds me that I need to get an arborists handsaw and a mount for it:laughing: Rubbing off branches with the bucket doesn't really give an aesthetically pleasing result.

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #8  
I used the metal bracket my fire extinguisher came with and used couple pieces of nomex 12/2 wiring tied to my rops. This way I can remove whole thing easily if needed and nomex wire plastic coating protects the paint

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #9  
Radioman your setup sounds interesting. I would love to see a picture if you have time to take one.

/ How Many Of You Have A Fire Extuigsher On Your Tractor? #10  
I like the ROPS mount but doesn't brush and branches get at it when its on the outside? I guess I'm still adjusting my trails to tractor width and height so my ROPS is in the branches fairly often still... That reminds me that I need to get an arborists handsaw and a mount for it:laughing: Rubbing off branches with the bucket doesn't really give an aesthetically pleasing result.

Don't have a brush problem after the wildfire of 2002.