Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP!

/ Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP! #31  
Your starter may have a bad spot on the commutator, You were using a common old Ford tool. A hammer.

/ Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP!
Thanks guys :). My FIL . . . bless his heart . . . I love my in-laws dearly but I've learned from time to time to just shake my head and laugh it off with him.

He bought this tractor -- brand new -- in 1987 and paid cash for it. I just don't understand not taking care of something that cost that much money. This little tractor, bless it, is the little engine that could. I don't know how it's still running :p!

Just got off the phone from a Kioti dealer (closest is in Evansville, IN) and the fan is only $19.48! I may buy two ;)

Glad you guys have enjoyed my stories, lol, I needed to blow off some steam! :D

/ Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP! #33  
. . . fixed that but still wouldn't turn over. Tapped the starter a few times with the hammer and viola! we had a working tractor! ...

Sometimes the starter brushes get short and/or weak springs and/or the brush channel get sticky. Sometimes a wrap with a hammer or broom handle will fix it for a long time. Sometimes briefly. Given the age of your machine, I'm guessing a new starter (or a rebuild) is in your future. In the meantime, keep the hammer handy. Depending on accessibility (and corrosion), replacing the starter can be easy or really hard. Common rebuilt auto starters are cheap but oddball models can be pretty expensive, in which case a local rebuild may be a better deal.

/ Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP! #34  
Kyfirestorm, Did you know I had to learn to like grits? (not too hard, I detest cream of wheat) It is
because I married a Louisville gal....Or as her dad pronounced it Lowville...
:)

/ Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP! #35  
Ky, glad you got it figured out. As far as a welder goes, get one and learn....you will never regret it!

/ Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP! #36  
Ky, glad you got it figured out. As far as a welder goes, get one and learn....you will never regret it!

+1 Get yourself a little mig set up, 180amp would be perfect, watch a few vids on youtube and maybe a tutorial or two from millerwelds.com, and you'll be welding reasonably well in VERY little time, it's surprisingly easy.

/ Another "My Kioti wont start!" thread - HELP! #37  

+3 on learning welding, You can still learn! It will empower you like few other things. Not only is it useful for your self, but it will make you more popular among your friends:).

James K0UA