Loader Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin.

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #11  
unless you have a mahindra tractor:laughing::cool2:cut it in two and weigh seperate.

Fredw

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #12  
unless you have a mahindra tractor:laughing::cool2:cut it in two and weigh seperate.

Fredw

Well... I resisted the temptation.:cool:

I see jumped in with both feet! :eek::shocked::D

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #13  
Chris if you had removed your bucket, and put on a SSQA plate with the hook on it it would have likely lifted it also. But as you pointed out due to the the diameter of the pumpkin you could not do that either. You know my tractor a DK35se would have likely lifted the pumpkin, but where do you draw the line? The tractor I have now will lift more than the one I traded in, but I still have hooked onto things I cannot lift, so do I trade it for a bigger one? There is always a bigger tractor, and always a bigger thing you could try to lift.. I think the 900 lbs out on the bucket edge was pretty good for your tractors size.

James K0UA

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #14  
but where do you draw the line? The tractor I have now will lift more than the one I traded in, but I still have hooked onto things I cannot lift, so do I trade it for a bigger one? There is always a bigger tractor, and always a bigger thing you could try to lift..
James K0UA

Excellent point:thumbsup:

I have latched onto things with my 5500TLB (18,000lb machine) that I have not been able to lift. But I certainly am not going to go buy a bigger backhoe..................just yet:laughing:

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #15  
Maybe to squeeze some more lift, try lifting as high as you can with the bucket at full dump, then curl it to full up?
Nice sized pumpkin though! One of the guys at work is into pumpkins as well, and got a solid 700lb one last year, I'll have to ask how he did this year with all the heat.

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin.
Hey guys. Thanks so much for contributing to this thread.
When I got this tractor I knew I would be growing pumpkins beyond its capacity. I didn't get the tractor to lift em. I have a tripod for that. I just thought id give it a try. :)

Btw, I saw that YouTube video. Pretty cool. Was it me or was his front tire squashed right into the ground???

C

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #17  
Hey guys. Thanks so much for contributing to this thread.
When I got this tractor I knew I would be growing pumpkins beyond its capacity. I didn't get the tractor to lift em. I have a tripod for that. I just thought id give it a try. :)

Btw, I saw that YouTube video. Pretty cool. Was it me or was his front tire squashed right into the ground???

C

I think u saw a squished tire... he put that little tractor to the TEST... to the MAX, even. :cool:

Note: It PASSED with flying colors :D

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #18  
I always assumed the lift capacity was without the bucket. If you figure in the weight of the bucket, you're pretty close. I am surprised it didn't lift it, even with the bucket on and in front of the pins since the rating is to full height. The higher the load, the less capacity from the loader. I tested it once with a large rock in the bucket on a very flat stable surface. I got about 4ft and couldn't lift any higher.