Need to replace Loader Hydrolic hose...how to depressureize the loader?

/ Need to replace Loader Hydrolic hose...how to depressureize the loader? #1  

rawley

Hi All,

I have a 2004 DK45 with a 1590 loader. I have a leaky hydro hose that connects to the left up/down cylinder. I can stop by a local shop to have a hose made, but I just don't know how to go about making sure take the pressue out of the sytem before I go and remove the leaky hose.

Please help!! :)

Thanks!
Ron

/ Need to replace Loader Hydrolic hose...how to depressureize the loader? #2  
With engine off and bukcet on the ground, push the lift/lower control lever all the way forward and hold for a few seconds then move it to raise position for few seconds the release lever. All pressure on cylinder should now be released.

/ Need to replace Loader Hydrolic hose...how to depressureize the loader? #3  
ditto ssdoxie.

make sure tractor is off.
and then move every lever that deals with hyds. FEL levers to curl/un-curl bucket, raise / lower arms of FEL. raise/lower 3pt hitch.

nothing will actually move, but you are allowing pressure build up in the system to work its way out. and only way to do that. is by tractor ""OFF"" and working all the levers in every direction.

this is one of my pet peeves actually. when ever i shut off tractor. is operating all the levers that deal with hydraulics. to let the pressure out of all the cylinders and any hyd motors that might be hooked up to the tractor.

/ Need to replace Loader Hydrolic hose...how to depressureize the loader? #4  
Even after letting off the pressure, sometimes I still have to push the ball check valve at the end of the hose to relieve pressure. Don't push it against metal you don't want to damage the ball, push it against a block of wood and cover it with a rag of you might get a hydro fluid bath.

/ Need to replace Loader Hydrolic hose...how to depressureize the loader?
Thanks everyone for the helpful information! I was able to successfully replace the hose on my loader this weekend. No more leaks!!

Thanks!
Ron