Tires Defective "Titan" Tire on DK45

/ Defective "Titan" Tire on DK45 #1  

kingkioti

Tractor
Kioti DK 45
Defective \"Titan\" Tire on DK45

I finished brush hogging with my DK45 tractor on Monday. I went into the garage on Tuesday and noticed I had a flat right front tire. I figured I picked up a thorn in the tire. I took it to a local tire dealer to have it repaired. When I stopped back to pick it up, they told me that there was no repairing the ag tire because the tread had separated from the inner casing. I wish I had taken a photo of it to post on this site. They sent the tire back to the local "Titan" tire wholesaler and I replaced the tire at my expense because I was in a hurry. I am waiting to hear back from the tire dealer to find out what the wholesaler can do as far as getting me a credit towards the replacement. I have only had the tractor 11 months and it only has 56 hrs on it. I was brush-hogging a steep hill with the tractor engaged in 4WD using low-range 1st & 2nd gear, running the engine at 2500 rpm/500 pto-rpm. I brush-hogged for approx 10 hrs altogether covering 3 days. I'm extremely happy with the tractor itself. It runs like a champ and has all kinds of power for what I ask. I would buy another Kioti in a heartbeat. I talked to the tractor dealer where I purchased the tractor and they told me that if the tire wholesaler can't do anything for me then they will contact Kioti about the issue. I am more concerned about the tire being defective because of brush-hogging on a steep hill. Has anyone out there had the same problem? Any comments would be appreciated.

/ Defective "Titan" Tire on DK45 #2  
Re: Defective \"Titan\" Tire on DK45

I had a problem back during the winter with a Titan R-4 on the front of a LK3054 that only had about 60 hrs on it. I noticed it was flat and I had found a slow leak in the tread. So I took it to the tire shop so they could put a patch or tube in it. When I went to pick it up they told me that it was not repairable. The inside of the tire had split from side to side and was leaking out through a pin hole in the split. They said that this is usually from a hard impact. Since no one else operates the tractor but me I know that I didn't hit anything that could have caused that to happen. At the time I needed the tractor up and running and they could not get a Titan so they matched it with another brand. The tire shop had said that if they had put a tube in it in no time the tire would have pinched the tube and pop it and there was a real good chance the tire would let go. I didn't have time to try the warranty game.

/ Defective "Titan" Tire on DK45 #3  

Titan seems to be a popular front tire - my new Kubota L3130 has them as well. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a close watch on mine.

/ Defective "Titan" Tire on DK45 #4  

I would almost be willing to bet that it is a 4 ply tire. Seems like all manufactures use 4 ply on compact tractors. If the tractor is used for very much loader work, 6 ply should be installed on the front, but they don't. When you replace them, up grade to 6 ply and that will eliminate you problems. I have been there and done that.

/ Defective "Titan" Tire on DK45

JerryG,
Thanks for the info on the tires. I checked mine and they
happen to be 6 Ply . I have yet to hear back from the local
Titan wholesaler to see if they are going to stand up to the
defect.
Thanks,
KingKioti