Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool

/ Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool #1  

Gil Case

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti 20 HST ancient Rhino traded in
Several years back, there was a post on this forum that detailed a tool that relieved the pressure build up in hydraulic hoses preventing reconnection. The manufacturer was a farm out west. I keep thinking it was Worth or Wirth Farm. It is the only tool they make and they sell it at farm and tractor shows. They do not have a web site. Does anyone remember this tool and the manufacturer? I would like to buy one since changing back and forth between my back hoe and my log splitter is a pain when pressure builds up. Even with a rag and a a rubber hammer I get a hydraulic bath sometimes. The tool was around $30.
Any one out there with a good memory or better search techniques than I have?

/ Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool #2  
Here ya go -

Originally Posted by Gil Case
I called Waite's, they said they have one product. A little gizmo to release the pressure in the hydraulic lines.
$29.95 plus freight.

/ Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool
Thank you, thank you. I got it now that you mention the last name.

George White
Atwood CO
970-522-5696

" of all the things I have lost, I miss my memory most"

/ Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool #4  
George Waite, Waite's Tools, P.O. Box 66, Atwood, Colo. 80722 (ph 970 522-5696

/ Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool #6  
QUICK-ON

Too bad they don't sell in the USA. we all have this problem, why aren't there many companies selling gizmos??

/ Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool #8  
I was hoping to get a tool like the one I Linked above. That tool is designed to Press the connectors together without squirting a shot of fluid every time I reconnect. I already made a simple pressure relief tool. One male and one female Connector attached to a Brass Ball Valve. I works fine but I was looking to keep all the Hydra Fluid where it belongs.

Attachments

• Bucket decompression valve1.jpg
    Bucket decompression valve1.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 732
   / Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool #9  
Heck, I just put an aluminum end on a small puller, and keep that around; it will grab either the male or female ends of Pioneer QRs, with either the balls or poppets, and release the pressure (wrapped in a rag, or you'll get messy!) Sometimes, if the ends on the implement/attachment are correct, you can mate those as soon as you remove it, and pressure will not build.

/ Hydraulic coupling pressure relief tool #10  
Tractor side, with my 3rd function, I typically hook up whichever side is of lower pressure first, then blip my rocker switch over to relieve the other side. (keep in mind this may deadhead the equipment on the connected side, but this is what PRVs are for)

But if we are talking about implement/attachments being locked up, it sure can be a pain in the butt if you had detached late last night, then, find you need to hook back up at high noon today. The sun heating everything up and all.

I haven't picked one up just yet, but I think this would be of help Pioneer 1/2 in. Connect Under Pressure Tip, 1/2 in. NPTF at Tractor Supply Co.
has a small pressure relief tip on the top of the poppet.