Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine #1  

tpulley

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
I was pulling a blade behind my tractor yesterday. The objective was to take the sharp angles out of the road ditch so I can mow it next year. I was moving along in 1st and mid range when the front end sunk down and bottomed out. I had the grapple about 4 ft high. The ditch by all appearances looked to be about 12-18 inches at the deepest part with a gradual slope up about 5 ft. 5 ft over about 15 ft is the pitch. When it bottomed out the rear started sliding uphill. THe tractor pitched to the right and came up on two wheels and the motor shut down. I never got excited, I lowered the fel and the wheels returned to their rightful place. Try as I may I couldn't get it out. I finally hooked a chain to the truck and had my son in law pull me back as I backed it out.

THEN... I wanting to complete the ditch project went a little higher up the bank so the wheels would get stuck again. I made one pass fine. I was backing up the length of the ditch to start another pass and my front wheels got a little too close to the ditch again (another spot) up she came this time higher than the last. I was about ready to bail but hit the clutch and brake simultaneously. I had to restart it again then wiggled my way so I could back it up the ditch bank.

Once I got out that time I said to my self you know I need to mow much more than I do fix this ole ditch anyway. I then switched it out to the flail mower.

Wondered what the degree of tilt it takes to make the motor shutdown. I estimated the wheels came up about 12-18 inches the second time. I never really felt in danger as it appears if it had rolled it would only have laid on its side. Maybe that was a false sense of security but by it not being a very steep embankment It didn't appear it would have done anything else.

When I tackle it next time I am going to push from top to bottom on to get the majority of the dirt where I want it. It just seemed that riding sideways was no big deal.

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine #2  
No idea what angle it would take to kill the engine, but it sounds like you found the angle needed for a new set of shorts :laughing:

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine #3  
Uncovered the fuel pickup maybe? No "tilt switch" that I know of. Most diesels will run on their side or where ever until you either shut them off or the fuel pump/injection pump get a shot of air or they run out of oil. Been there, always have shut them off before any damage happened. CJ

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine
That is the odd thing. I had a full tank of fuel. Inadvertently I must have hit the ignition key with my knee. That happens a lot with me. With it leanng I suspect it was even more prone to do so.

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine #5  
That is the odd thing. I had a full tank of fuel. Inadvertently I must have hit the ignition key with my knee. That happens a lot with me. With it leanng I suspect it was even more prone to do so.

I do that all the time when I'm not on level ground....very annoying!

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine #6  
I do that all the time when I'm not on level ground....very annoying!

I know what you mean. My LK3054 doesn't quite have enough leg room for me to turn around without hitting my left knee on the key. Don't always notice it right away since it doesn't shut off the engine, just the electrical. Finally made a guard out of a piece of 2" PVC pipe.

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine #7  
Ran long enough to ruin the motor.
ck20 flip.jpg

/ Found that the DK45SE must have a tilt swtich that kills the engine #8  
Ran long enough to ruin the motor.
View attachment 281196

Wow, look at how that ROPS dug in. That's a pretty clear illustration as to why you should buckle up and not fold the ROPS down. Too bad the CK20 died, how did the operator fair? Is it just the picture, because there doesn't look to be a hill steep enough to roll the tractor.