Loader FEL issues

/ FEL issues #1  

Kioti Lee

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DS 4110
Things have progressed badly for my FEL on my DS4110.. At first the float would only randomly work ( do not use much so not a big issue). Now it is very slow in raising and does so in a jerky motion instead of smoothly..Also does not always have strength on down motion.. I.E. will not lift tractor. The roll seem fine.( Backhoe seems to work just fine, perhaps a little jerky.hard to tell I am a new operator :() The fluid appeared to have many small bubble in it that I had not noticed before when checking. Any ideas as to what problem maybe.. It is a long haul to dealer and would like to avoid the downtime as weather will be changin soon. Thanks and happy tractorin

/ FEL issues #2  
When you first mentioned the fel, I thought you might have one of the QDs only partially connected. Your bh should be smooth in it's movements if you're holding the control lever steady at whatever position in it's travel. But with all the air bubbles in the fluid, it sounds like you have a leak on a suction side hydraulic line, sucking in air and this air and fluid mixture is going through the pump. I'd start checking all the line/hose connections, especially under the tractor. If you had it through the woods, maybe something kicked up and hit a line. It's seems to be on the suction side so no fluid should leak while running but it may be wet from when the tractor is parked.

/ FEL issues
Thanks..I did look for leaks with tractor running and did not see any.. however after reading your post.. I looked after tractor sitting off and noticed some drips that appear to be coming from the fitting right in front of filter, and we were playing in the woods today. Could this be my trouble area, very small drops

/ FEL issues #4  
I know on the Kubota L3400 the suction hose is notorious for cracking and leaking air in. The symptoms are just what you described. I don't think the leak has to be very large on the suction side to let a lot of air in. I would investigate, if a little fluid can get out when shut off. a Lot of air can get in when operating.

James K0UA

/ FEL issues #5  
K0ua hit the mark. Air can pass through a hole, crack, or lose connection much faster than oil not under pressure. I'm not sure how that filter and mount is positioned on your tractor, but members that have the CK series hst tractors have a hydro filter that hangs down from it's mounting. Some have had things hit the filter and crack the mount. I know I have to be careful when installing/removing my bh because the subframe can hit it. The wet/dripping fitting by the filter is definately a place to start.

/ FEL issues #6  
I have bent the hydraulic steel pipes up the front of the FEL on mine and this slows them down. Had to replace them because they are real hard and thick walled. No hope of straightening them. Brush work is hard on them.

/ FEL issues
It is leaking from the fitting that connects the large tube from the front to the fitting that the filter screws into.. I do not see how to tighten or undo the connection does not appear to be threaded. I believe it was bumped by a small log as I was backing up from brush pile.

/ FEL issues #8  
From memory, it has O Rings in there
I smashed mine off a while back and had to repair it lying in the mud.

/ FEL issues #10  
Is this a picture of what you're looking at? OEM Parts
The end of the steel tube going into the filter housing has an o-ring but no mounting/securing device. The other end does have a flange with bolts. Maybe it's just lightly pressed in being that it's on the suction side and the stiffness of the steel tube holds it there. If you did hit the tube with something, maybe it's bent and not in align with the hole in the filter mount. If you call the people from the web page I listed, they're very helpful and will point you in the right direction. Ask for parts and you will probably talk to Robert.