Kioti RX6010 --- brand new

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new #1  

jvolock

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010 with FEL Schulte 3pt 7400 snowblower, Heavy duty rear blade
I just bought a Kioti RX6010 and have a light dripping of what appears to be oil coming from a short drain tube attached to the gear reduction starter. Anyone know if this is normal and what the drainage is from? Could it be the factory over filled the starter and the overage is simply leaking out? I couldn't find any other leaks and when I stick my finger inside the tube its quite wet.

Thanks,

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new #2  
Hmm going out to check mine now and I'll let you know what I see. On a side if I were you I would remove the loader bolts on the loader and add a little loctight. I worked one out already.

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new #3  
I see what your looking at but mine is dry I agree it looks like a possible overfill but to be sure check I would with the dealer.

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new
My dealer returned my tractor a few weeks ago. Turned out a seal wasn't properly seated and leaked through the drain tube in the starter. Appreciate your help.

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new #5  
I'm looking at buying one of these. Do you like it? Would you have done anything different?

My neighbor has owned several kiotis with almost no trouble. I've encountered a couple bumps in the road, ie leaking seal, starter failure and most recently the bracket that holds the radiator over flow bottle weld broke. Minor prob,ems that could have happened with any make or model. Other than these bumps in the road, I've been ver y happy. This is my first cabbed tractor and even at temps well below zero the cab remained warm and comfortable.

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new #7  
Were these covered under warranty and would you buy another one? If so, how was it dealing with Kioti? Any problems with starting when below zero?

Thanks

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new #8  
Hi jvolock

I have a RX6010 new, just got it last year. Where is the "gear reduction starter"? or can you post a pic of where it is with the drain tube to look at?

cya
Mike

/ Kioti RX6010 --- brand new #9  
Were these covered under warranty and would you buy another one? If so, how was it dealing with Kioti? Any problems with starting when below zero?

Thanks

I don't have the RX6010 but my first Kioti (CK 30) had more than it's fair share of issues. Nothing that ever stopped me from using the tractor when I needed to, but way more than expected from a new tractor. My dealer and Kioti were both excellent, I had no issues and everything (including splitting the tractor and replacing the hst) were covered under warranty. I traded it for a new DK45 and haven't had a single issue after a year.

Both my Kioti's have been started in -30 C temps with no issue at all. I do have a lower rad hose heater and use it at those temps, but I have started my DK45 in the -20's without it.

@mike it's on the right side of the tractor near the cab. When I bought my tractor I went onto eBay and for 26.00 got a cd that has the complete maintenance manual and good semantics of the wiring and everything. The manual was well worth the modest cost. My old laptop has the photos on it, but the power connection died and I've ordered a new laptop. When the new one arrives and I can access the old hard drive I will post photos. Right now I'm accessing the net off my iPad.

@Slaken all covered under warranty. When starting in cold weather, which hasn't been a problem, i cycle on the glow plugs 2-3 times before turning over the engine. This seems to get the job done.

If you buy the tractor have the dealer install the rear wiper. Kit cost me retail at 160.00. I installed it myself this winter and took about 2 1/2 hrs.

Hope this hepls