Backhoe LK 3054 series BH removal

/ LK 3054 series BH removal #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
The guy I bought the tractor from said its very simple to remove the backhoe. That's all I know except to be sure to disconnect the hydraulic hoses prior to driving away. I do not have a level slab to do this on. Thinking about doing it, it seems it's important that the bh doesn't settle or it will be tough to get it back in place. This may be useless worry if it's possible to back up close enough to reconnect the hoses and elevate the mating surfaces to the correct height. The soil is dry New Mexico dirt.

Can anyone add anything to make reattachment easier. It seems important when preparing to disconnect, to have the stabilizers not do any lifting but just provide lateral support.

What am I not thinking of please? This is my first time removing the bh. So I'm worrying too much maybe. Thanks for your patience.

Just in case, the hoe model is KB 2376. Serial # is 50268436H.

Ron

/ LK 3054 series BH removal #2  
Hey Ron , good seein you again , does the backhoe have a subframe or 3 pt hitch I have a rhino bh on a subframe and all I do is disconnect the hoses and put down my outriggers and drive off. I do extend my bucket out and down so it won't flip forward though

/ LK 3054 series BH removal #3  
By the way , cm must not wanna talk anymore, haven't seen Hyde nor hair.

/ LK 3054 series BH removal
Hi Jesse, glad you are still here, Actually I don't really know what a subframe is. But the hoe has it's own seat and the part behind the boom and bucket is pretty substantial. Seems like I'll have a pretty stable 3 point platform to work with. It's getting it back in place [ if it should settle] that I'm concerned about. I do have a three point hitch that I have not used and don't know if it's even all there since it looks nothing like the one on my grandfather's 48 farmall Which I haven't seen in 50 years or so.

Ron

/ LK 3054 series BH removal #5  
A subframe has nothing to do with the 3 pt hitch it connects to the frame of the tractor, my rhino has a 2 inch steel pipe running horizontal that rests on a mating surface that mounts to the frame of the tractor, the subframe runs all the way to the front by the loader and disconnect with pins. The subframe comes off with the hoe and remounts back to permanent brakets on frame.

A subframe has nothing to do with the 3 pt hitch

I don't think it does either. And from you description, I do have a subframe . My hoe has a large horrizontal pin that releases the backhoe from the back of the tractor. I did use the words `three point' twice but they were in different sentences with different subjects.

/ LK 3054 series BH removal #7  
I see, if you have a subframe it's easy, and unless you just want to take it off I wouldn't worry about it I took mine off 1 time and it was easy, but I just leave it on unless I need the 3 point for something,but I do let the bucket down to take weight off the tractor and hydraulics just like the FEL

/ LK 3054 series BH removal #8  
On a diff subject how's life in the mountains treatin you. Hope everything going great, Illinois is turning colors quick . Won't be long and there won't be Any leaves left.

/ LK 3054 series BH removal #9  
I have a 3054xs and when I remove the hoe, I use the stabilizers and dipper to lift the hoe from the "hooks"of the subframe, crib up the hoe(so it doesn't settle) and remove the hydraulic lines. To install the hoe, you back to within a foot or so of the hoe, re-attach the lines and lift the hoe off the cribbing, back into the hoe, aligning"hooks and pins"and using the dipper and stabilizers allow the hoe to settle back into the hooks. Once you've accomplished this, you'll need to use the dipper to rock the hoe so as to align the top locking pins with the subframe side plates. The first time is a bear, but it gets easier each time you do it

Thanks Jesse, I do need to take it off. I got some help from some friends to convert an old flat bed trailer into a dump trailer. I'll post pics if I can find them. I need to use the trailer on some rough terrain and the tractor is smaller and more manuverable than our 4wd pickup in tight places. The trailer is smaller now too, with a 4'X10'X16" metal dump box hinged at the rear and raised w/a hand windlass. I'll probably put a winch on it instead. The hand crank is too slow since the windlass is geared way down and there are two pulleys after the reduction. It's doable but pretty time consuming. Plus my old shoulders have better things to do than that.

Ron