DK cab door releases

/ DK cab door releases #1  

chubby

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE hst w/hoe & John Deere 3720 hst cab & John Deere 3120 hst w/375 hoe
Both door releases are very hard to open from the inside. Dealer sent me two new latches and while they do work better there is still a lot of slop in both inside handles. Exterior latches work great, but inside is different story. Anyone solved this problem?

/ DK cab door releases #2  
The only time there's ever "slop" in my doors is if they don't fully latch and you have to give them a good pull to fully close. I used to think they were a little difficult to open, but once I got into the habit of putting my thumb on the dimpled (or raised) area and pulling in with my fingers, it's very easy. My wife was fighting with it the other day, once I showed her, all was good.

/ DK cab door releases #3  
Yes. Be sure the doors are really closed. When they are new, 9 times out of 10 when you close them from the inside, they aren't FULLY closed. They seem closed, but they are not. You have to really slam them for the first 10 hours or so. After that, they work just fine.

/ DK cab door releases #4  
My left door [the 1 I use all the time] is like 4 times harder to open than the right. But if you pull up on the tab while pulling it to you it helps. Lubing it did not seem to help. It still works so I just live with it. Seems like the nature of the beast. CJ

/ DK cab door releases
the slop is on the inside door handles not the doors. yes I know you need to slam the door to fully close. the same piece (handle) also hits the exterior release. the exterior release hits the arm handle 1/2 inch of pivot point (no slop) the interior handle end is 4 inches from the pivot point (sloppy) pivot point needs shims to tighten the handle slop.....didn't know if anyone had already completed this task and maybe used a "c" clip or something else