CK20 cracked FEL

/ CK20 cracked FEL #11  
Soundguy said:
even if the kit is not available.. if it's OOW.. then seems a torch, welder and some fish plate would fix it up fine. seems to work on all the antiques I have.. :)

I agree so long as the welder is experienced and can do he repair without making things worse (do you recall the monstrous dealer welding fix on Highbeam's loader? Kioti gave him a new one not because of the cracks but because of the horrendous repair that looked like it was done by ironworkers believing his loader was a bridge ). Also you would need to make up and weld some gussets for support to prevent recurrences. All very doable and easy for someone with the right experience and equipment but not something i'd recommend for someone to do as a first metal project.

/ CK20 cracked FEL
I spoke with the Dealer today, they contacted Kioti rep, said they would call when they found out something. The parts counter person did say he thought the campaign was over with and didn't know if Kioti would still do it.
So when I hear I will post response here.
I am a medium level welder, not the first time I have done any, in fact have been doing it for what, on and off 20 years. I have a Miller wire welder right now with a full bottle of gas ready for use. :)

/ CK20 cracked FEL #13  
I spoke with the Dealer today, they contacted Kioti rep, said they would call when they found out something. The parts counter person did say he thought the campaign was over with and didn't know if Kioti would still do it.
So when I hear I will post response here.
I am a medium level welder, not the first time I have done any, in fact have been doing it for what, on and off 20 years. I have a Miller wire welder right now with a full bottle of gas ready for use. :)

If you are not a novice then just bring yourself up to speed with a bit of scrap the same gauge (?1/8" or 3/16" approx) and fabricate some gussets for support. A bit of grinding and welding and reinforcing is all that is required. Chevy Orange engine paint is essentially a perfect match for fresh Kioti paint.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #14  
All very doable and easy for someone with the right experience and equipment but not something i'd recommend for someone to do as a first metal project.

yup.. deffinately wouldn't try that as my first rodeo. :)

/ CK20 cracked FEL #15  
Totally agree Kioti should continue to supply these "upgrade" kits for free and I don't believe they have ever charged for them. They have however insisted that dealers install them which I am quite sure is a liability issue rather than technical.

By the way, the loaders are not crappy at all. No one has ever "broken" one of the loaders as far as I know from TBN reports and the KL120 is the absolutely most powerful loader you can get on a 21hp tractor. I did lots and lots of land clearing with mine and despite the cracks (I had them too), I would buy the CK20 primarily because of that loader.

I know you actually don't hate the loader but I just had to respond when I saw the word "crappy" associated with the KL120!:)

Actually I do believe the original KL120/KL130 loaders were crap. And I do hate them (but love the new design). I wouldn't buy one with that old loader unless discounted enough to replace it. But, that's just me :)

/ CK20 cracked FEL #16  
Gittyup said:
Actually I do believe the original KL120/KL130 loaders were crap. And I do hate them (but love the new design). I wouldn't buy one with that old loader unless discounted enough to replace it. But, that's just me :)

Why? As I understand it the only change between the KL120/130 and the current KL120B/130B models is the redesigned torque tube and routing of hoses. The specs are identical to the older version. The cracks in the corners of an inspection plate could have been predicted with hindsight but those cracks never influenced loader function. So, except for the easily fixed crack issue, why are the earlier loaders "crap"?

/ CK20 cracked FEL #17  
GM42tb
If you want a kit, you pay the shipping and I will send you one!
Make sure you are sitting down when I give you a shipping quote. The kit has got to weigh close to 80lbs!
Email me if you want one. I will need to email you a drawing to make sure you get the right kit.

/ CK20 cracked FEL
Have not heard from local dealer yet.
Let me get back with them if they don't offer a resolution then.
That is all I want from Kioti is to send me one that I can install myself.

/ CK20 cracked FEL
Well, went by dealer yesterday and the parts counter person said the rep has not gotten back in touch with him yet, he called while I was there and got voice mail of rep.
Rep seems as if he is not to concerned.
Maybe I am rushing things it has been about 7 working days now, may take longer than I think to get a replay.
Just want Kioti to send a kit to the dealer or myself, there is obviously some still around.

/ CK20 cracked FEL
GM42tb
If you want a kit, you pay the shipping and I will send you one!
Make sure you are sitting down when I give you a shipping quote. The kit has got to weigh close to 80lbs!
Email me if you want one. I will need to email you a drawing to make sure you get the right kit.
I contacted Rick through email and he fixed me up with the Kioti OEM patch kit, dealer here just blew me off, guess where I will not be buying a tractor from.
Thanks Rick, Amy, and Desiree, @ Wallace Tractor.
Kit was easy to install, took about 45 minutes and could notice rigidity right away.