CK20 cracked FEL

/ CK20 cracked FEL
In case anyone wonders what the kit looks like installed here it is (someone may have already done this) ;

Attachments

• 1110121126.jpg
    1110121126.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 1110121123.jpg
    1110121123.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 368
   / CK20 cracked FEL #23  
mpham said:
Thanks for the pic. I now know my 2008 hasn't been done.

Your 2008 should have the KL120B loader which does not need the reinforcing kit. I believe all CK20 loaders built after 2007 (?2006) are the new style. Easy to check: if there is a tube connecting the two loader arms then it is the new style.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #24  
OK. Will check and see. Mine sold as a 2008 but has a 2006 serial number. I actually just purchased a complete 2011 ck120 loader unit used.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #25  
I would be curious as to where I can look or if someone could tell me how to find out what year my ck27 is based on the serial number. you all seem to know and I must either be looking in the wrong place or just overlooking something simple.
thanks

/ CK20 cracked FEL #26  
   / CK20 cracked FEL #27  
I've had the repair kit for quite a while and never got around to installing it. Finally opened the box today and there are no instructions in the box. Anyone have them available?

Thanks ... John

/ CK20 cracked FEL
John, I had no instructions here either, pretty simple goes on one way.
I removed the pins on the bucket cylinders (toward bucket) and propped them up with a block of wood so as to get the large plate with the hose slots over the crossmember, I needed to clean out grease holes in pins anyways (might be able to go from underneath with FEL up in air without taking cylinders loose) Once I got the larger piece on I reattached the cylinders and raised the FEL so I could work on the part better, about shoulder height, made it easy to hold "C" part by myself and insert the blots and other parts.
The "C" channel goes facing cup inward (mine had notches for a front grill guard they line with the notches in larger piece), the long flat spacer piece goes on bottom, the 2 smaller flap pieces go between the "C" channel and the crossmember there are notches on each end of the "C" channel to accommodate the tongue of the flap parts, there are 16 bolts that are the same and 4 different with smaller heads, those along with nuts on each go into the "C" channel where the 4 blot holes are in the bottom of the "C" channel, they are a tight fit almost think they are wrong size, I think they did that to make sure there is a resistance on them (I tightened them by hand, they are hard to turn, you can feel when they actually bottom out on the plates), the other 16 bolts with lock washer (tightened them with impact) and nuts go into the other holes. I put the "C" channel in and used a bolt on either side at each end to hold it left nuts loose, dropped one end down slid the flap piece between "C" part and crossmember tongue down, replaced bolts then did the same on the other end. Tighten all 16 then tighten the 4 last is what I did. YMMV

Last edited:
   / CK20 cracked FEL #29  
Your 2008 should have the KL120B loader which does not need the reinforcing kit. I believe all CK20 loaders built after 2007 (?2006) are the new style. Easy to check: if there is a tube connecting the two loader arms then it is the new style.

I bought a new CK20HST in May 2012, the serial number starts with K so I assume it's a 2011 edition. It came with a KL120 Loader Pkg w/50" Bucket and Grille Guard (free loader deal). Serial Number for that starts with TA1009. How do I know if it's the newer version?

/ CK20 cracked FEL #30  
I bought a new CK20HST in May 2012, the serial number starts with K so I assume it's a 2011 edition. It came with a KL120 Loader Pkg w/50" Bucket and Grille Guard (free loader deal). Serial Number for that starts with TA1009. How do I know if it's the newer version?

Is the torque tube (the connecting piece about three feet behind the bucket that holds the left and right side of the loader together) round and hollow or is it a closed box? Almost certainly you have the round tube version as the original version has not been manufactured for about five years now.