CK20 cracked FEL

/ CK20 cracked FEL #31  
I bought a whole new assembly for mine. So now I have both styles. I will grab a pic of both in the next couple days.(kinda busy now) and post them here.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #32  
on my kubota the torque tube is round and hollow right behind the quick attach on the loader arms

/ CK20 cracked FEL #33  
I bought a whole new assembly for mine. So now I have both styles. I will grab a pic of both in the next couple days.(kinda busy now) and post them here.

Pray tell, why did you buy a new loader?

/ CK20 cracked FEL #34  
Is the torque tube (the connecting piece about three feet behind the bucket that holds the left and right side of the loader together) round and hollow or is it a closed box? Almost certainly you have the round tube version as the original version has not been manufactured for about five years now.

Thanks - looks like I'm good. On the actual sticker on the loader it says it's a KL120P.

It's round and hollow but also has a cover.

IMG_6407sm.jpg

IMG_6406sm.jpg

/ CK20 cracked FEL #35  
Pray tell, why did you buy a new loader?

Mine flexed like a snake and the pistons were all worn out needing packing. The prior owner didn't own a grease gun it appears. The new one was a take off of another machine that the owner didn't want. I got it at a good deal.
Still no pics. Didn't make it to the garage yet for but will today after work.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #36  
That is remarkable. Glad you found a replacement at a good price. I would imagine the older worn loader is still worth $$$$ so don't scrap it.

Replacing the cylinders would be an interesting project with a steep learning curve. I watched an expert do a demo once which was interesting and demystified the process. The parts are cheap and having seen it done, it appears not to require finesse so much as a feel for when and how to apply brute force. A big vice is the only must have piece of equipment. The first one would take a while but the other three would be much easier. I'm sure people on TBN have done it themselves and could provide advice.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #37  
i seen it done on a 580b case backhoe that was 25 yrs ago i was 9 i think

/ CK20 cracked FEL #38  
I've rebuilt a few when working at my dad's garage when I was younger. We fixed all types of trucks and tractors.
Pics as promised.
Old style (2006-2008) This has a rear access panel bolted on.
back viewoldstyleback.jpg

front viewoldstylefront (Medium).jpg

side viewoldstyleside.jpg

/ CK20 cracked FEL #39  
New style or 2011 model. This has a wrap around cover front to back.

backnewstyleback.jpg

frontnewstylefront.jpg

sidenewstyleside.jpg

Hope this helps.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #40  
I've rebuilt a few when working at my dad's garage when I was younger. We fixed all types of trucks and tractors.
Pics as promised.
Old style (2006-2008) first:
back viewView attachment 301336

front viewView attachment 301337

side viewView attachment 301338

I see grease coming out of those joints. Was that only after you got the tractor? Are the bushings also in need of replacement? That would seem to be a much bigger job than just repacking the cylinders.