CK20 cracked FEL

/ CK20 cracked FEL #1  

GMtb42

Gold Member
Tractor
SOLD Kioti CK20 HST Purchased CK3510SE HST
I know this has been discussed at length at some point or another, but I was wondering what to do with a used CK20 that has the problem, the previous owner neglected to have it repaired.
I did not know exactly where to look before I purchased the tractor and did not notice until I was doing the 400hr oil changes. Noticed a bolt missing on the plate on the cross member and got to looking there are cracks there at each bolt hole on the outer corners.
My question is if anyone has a picture of the Kioti fix or any recommendations as to how to repair, because I am afraid that Kioti would laugh if I contacted them now about the fix.
It is a 2004 year model. KL120 FEL.

Thanks in advance.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #2  
Contact your local dealer. I dont think they will repair for free but there is a kit to repair it as required. Call us if you have a problem.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #3  
kioti should give the guy the kit. It's the least they can do for those crappy loaders.

/ CK20 cracked FEL
Thanks for the vote Gittyup.

/ CK20 cracked FEL
Contact your local dealer. I dont think they will repair for free but there is a kit to repair it as required. Call us if you have a problem.
Thanks will call them tomorrow.
Is this a kit that a consumer with a good skill level can apply themselves?

/ CK20 cracked FEL #6  
Is this a kit that a consumer with a good skill level can apply themselves?

The kit is just a box that bolts around the loader cross-tube. Kioti went out of their
way to design a field-installable kit that requires no welding. The factory was going
to send me one, but never did. All 3 units I bought new are still going with no
cracks. 2005 CK30 x2, and one 06 CK20.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #7  
kioti should give the guy the kit. It's the least they can do for those crappy loaders.

Totally agree Kioti should continue to supply these "upgrade" kits for free and I don't believe they have ever charged for them. They have however insisted that dealers install them which I am quite sure is a liability issue rather than technical.

By the way, the loaders are not crappy at all. No one has ever "broken" one of the loaders as far as I know from TBN reports and the KL120 is the absolutely most powerful loader you can get on a 21hp tractor. I did lots and lots of land clearing with mine and despite the cracks (I had them too), I would buy the CK20 primarily because of that loader.

I know you actually don't hate the loader but I just had to respond when I saw the word "crappy" associated with the KL120!:)

/ CK20 cracked FEL #8  
They have however insisted that dealers install them which
I am quite sure is a liability issue rather than technical.

That was the official line, anyway. I tried to explain to the factory folks several times (at
the World AG Expo) that a policy like that might work if they had better dealer coverage.
And paid to transport the tractors. Dealer coverage is still spotty at best in the US and
Canada.....my dealer was 1000mi away. I think that JD, Kubota, CNH, and Bobcat
are the only brands to have good enough coverage to make that requirement.

I never heard that Kioti would not sell them directly due to liability. They will sell me
any other part, even critical safety parts. The WERE concerned about field welding,
since you know how bad that can be.

Still, they DID offer to send me one, but never followed thru. I prefer a welded solution
myself, but will do so only if I see some cracks.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #9  
That was the official line, anyway. I tried to explain to the factory folks several times (at
the World AG Expo) that a policy like that might work if they had better dealer coverage.
And paid to transport the tractors. Dealer coverage is still spotty at best in the US and
Canada.....my dealer was 1000mi away. I think that JD, Kubota, CNH, and Bobcat
are the only brands to have good enough coverage to make that requirement.

I never heard that Kioti would not sell them directly due to liability. They will sell me
any other part, even critical safety parts. The WERE concerned about field welding,
since you know how bad that can be.

Still, they DID offer to send me one, but never followed thru. I prefer a welded solution
myself, but will do so only if I see some cracks.

I don't disagree at all. I never pushed Kioti myself as my dealer took the unrepaired CK20 as a trade when I bought the DK40 and he just dealt with it when he got back to his shop. Clearly anyone with a set of wrenches could install one of the reinforcing kits but last I heard Kioti's official line was still that it had to be done by the dealer. I do hope that statement was just the official party line and that they made exceptions for someone like you or me who could not easily get dealer support due to distance.

/ CK20 cracked FEL #10  
even if the kit is not available.. if it's OOW.. then seems a torch, welder and some fish plate would fix it up fine. seems to work on all the antiques I have.. :)