I don't get it

/ I don't get it #11  
I'm confused. You're using two hands to switch between forward and reverse, so you must have a gear transmission, so why would you go back "for hst" in mid October?
Sounds to me like he needs to make up his mind which transmission he has.

/ I don't get it #12  
Are tractor warranties like cars in that you can go to any dealer you want for service?

I also thought they only closed one location, but still in business in Enfield if I'm not mistaken.
There are other Kioti dealers closer than ME, two here in VT.

/ I don't get it
OK . I bought a new ck35 with GEAR transmission and backhoe.(27000.00) At 9-22 hrs you could not move shuttle shift without grinding, they put in a new transmission from a tractor on lot. Supossed to be new. The backhoe i ordered was a 2475 but they did not stock one so they put in a 2485 so I would not have to wait 3 mo's to get 1. Another 1000.00 and no waiting so they said. So when using hoe after 4-5 hrs when fluid is hot it will not go into forward using the shuttle shift. So with all this crap I had go wrong, I talked to Dave about trading for HST tractor so my wife could use it. She did not have any strength to use shuttle shift when fluid was hot. The clutch is perfectly adjusted and has NOTHING to do with the grinding. They said the sink rows were completely shot plus whatever. This is all at 9 hr which was what I received the tractor with. Had a bit of a tough time. When cold, it shifts fine, since new trans. Go figure. I never got to trade for HST tractor, because he told me to come in the first of oct, 2012 and he is now out of business the beginning of oct., 2012 Go figure. Not a satisfied cust at this time but Kioti may be working with me. I will find that out Monday.It's been an experience for sure. I received tract with 7-9 hrs on it so do not know who put it through what. Was told the backhoe was only 29 lbs. heavier and would not be a problem. They came out to service it 3 times, for the backhoe loosening up, and finally welded it with SOLID beads. They said ,no problem. That's about it.
I'm not sure what happed to upper valley as their reputation was good as far as I knew. Ya never really know till ya walk in their shoes for a while. Life does have ups an downs. All I ever needed was tell it like it is.Their mechanic is one of the BEST. Even argues good without going off the deep end. Will keep ya posted Kioti calls me Monday.

Last edited:
   / I don't get it
Sounds to me like he needs to make up his mind which transmission he has.

tractor is gear. Supposed to trade for hst tractor so wife can shift it. I know what I have Mr. Vince, you must have missed 1st post as they closed the thread.

Last edited:
   / I don't get it
Are tractor warranties like cars in that you can go to any dealer you want for service?

I also thought they only closed one location, but still in business in Enfield if I'm not mistaken.
There are other Kioti dealers closer than ME, two here in VT.

I asked someone about them but they closed thread. There is supposed to be another dealer taking over but that is heresay at this point. I have seen Daves vechiels there but was told by employ that they pulled plug. Don't know anymore as I am working Kioti

/ I don't get it #16  
That Backhoe does not belong on that machine. How did they hook up your hydraulic lines to the BH? They ran my return to the trans fill port to cut down on heat.

/ I don't get it #18  
murphy1244 said:
That Backhoe does not belong on that machine. How did they hook up your hydraulic lines to the BH? They ran my return to the trans fill port to cut down on heat.

The plumbing to the return port is only for a flow issue on the se series dk's. No other series tractor requires or benefits from this "quick" fix regardless of backhoe size. As far as there being a KB 2485 back hoe on a ck series tractor, yes, kioti does not specify that hoe as a fit on it... however, it is only 40lbs heavier, preforms slightly better than the KB 2475, and if you look at the specs, is the same as the comparable woods 8.5' backhoe that many dealers have installed for several years on the Ck series tractors.

/ I don't get it #19  
The plumbing to the return port is only for a flow issue on the se series dk's. No other series tractor requires or benefits from this "quick" fix regardless of backhoe size. As far as there being a KB 2485 back hoe on a ck series tractor, yes, kioti does not specify that hoe as a fit on it... however, it is only 40lbs heavier, preforms slightly better than the KB 2475, and if you look at the specs, is the same as the comparable woods 8.5' backhoe that many dealers have installed for several years on the Ck series tractors.

40lbs here, 40lbs there. Might be the straw that breaks the tractors back. PS Welcome to TBN.

/ I don't get it #20  
The OP is trying to get some help from this thread so if you're here just to be useless go back to the Deere forums.
The thread bashing Upper Valley was closed, as stated pending review of the TBN administration for content and other issues, This is what happens when people attempt to bash others or dealers / manufacturers, etc.

As stated by the OP and others a KB-2485 does NOT belong on CK series tractors. Weight is but one aspect of why a particular hoe is suited to a particular size tractor.
You should be given the correct hoe by Upper Valley, or Kioti, or whomever your next dealer you take it to. Tractors are NOT required to go to selling dealer, just an authorized dealer while under factory warranty.
Incorrect applications of a Kioti or other brand hoe could void your tractor's warranty- but that should not be your problem since you didn't match the hoe to the tractor- your dealer did- and they should know better than to put a higher series hoe with the smaller series tractor.
Does your tractor only have issues when using the hoe as far as overheating the oil? I suspect you're referring to the transmission oil? Any problems with overheating of any kind, oil, coolant, etc., or shifting if you have not used the hoe at all on a particular day?
We understand your frustration with the current situation with your dealer not being there for you; and you may be able to work something out with him at his other location - which is what I would try to do IMHO if I were you. He and his mechanic know you and your tractor best at this point.
Keep us posted and keep ALL paperwork for any and all transactions done to date and going forward.