2485 bucket question

/ 2485 bucket question #1  

chubby

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE hst w/hoe & John Deere 3720 hst cab & John Deere 3120 hst w/375 hoe
Since the first time I curled my bucket there has been a bind (almost stops) half way thru the curl. Now with 25hrs on hoe I have noticed the bucket rise and fall during the curl. Pulled bucket pins out to find the pin(bolt) is 3/8 of in. to small in dia. Removed the other pins at bottom of dipperstick and they are correct size dia. But both bucket pin(bolts) are way smaller in dia. Question is has anyone checked their bucket pins ? I might have the wrong bucket as the pins are correct for the bucket but not the dipperstick holes. The machined bosses (flanges) on the dipperstick are fractured and chipping the inside edge of boss. Checked and the bushings are in the bosses. Anyone else had or even checked to see if they have this problem? I did take pictures and emailed them to the dealer. Not smart enough to post them here but I can email them

/ 2485 bucket question #2  
That bolt just retains the pin from coming out.
If something is binding, I would pull the pins and check to see if one of the pins is bent.
Are you greasing it enough?
You should be greasing it every 5 hours.

/ 2485 bucket question
Sorry for the confusion, I pulled retaining bolts and then the pins on all 4 pivot points relating to bucket. The pins that attach the bucket, fit the bucket perfect, but there is more than 3/8 of an inch play or gap around bucket pins where they attach to dipperstick. While curling the two pivot points the bucket rises and falls and binds. The gap seems to work against each other. The other two pins are tight (proper fit) in there housings. There is nothing wrong with the pins, and all bushings are installed. 25 hrs on hoe....I was thinking I might have incorrect bucket for the hoe because bucket ears and pins fit correctly but when going thru dipperstick the gap is really 3/8 in. and the slop cause bucket to bind and slap the back of the dipperstick.

/ 2485 bucket question #4  
Sounds like the wrong bucket to me also. Do you have a way of posting or emailimg me a picture?

/ 2485 bucket question #5  
Wallace,

FWIW, he's supposed to be sending me some pics so I can post them for him. If I get them soon I'll post them on his thread about the hoe, and I'll send you some too.
I agree with you- there has to be something wrong for the fit and binding to be occurring like it is.

CM

/ 2485 bucket question #6  
I'd second the wrong bucket and the pins for the bucket should be 32mm dia by 195.5mm long. The two pins in the dipperstick end are 30mm dia by 195.5mm long. This is from parts list, OEM Parts, that I also posted in his other thread.

/ 2485 bucket question
I think I sent pix to c.m. and couple to rick wallace. They show the bucket pin in the dipperstick hole, and you can see the difference in dia. Also both machined sides of the d/s bosses are fractured and chipping. On the very first curl with the saleman the bucket teeth slapped the d/stick. I did ask what is that? I did measure dia of bucket pin is 25mm or 31/32. The bind come from the bucket trying to rotate one pushing against the other. One rises and pushes down on the other end. You can see the bucket rising and falling. Keep in mind the pins fit the dogears or bosses on the bucket properly. For the first 4 months I had this tractor I used the old Cub Cadet because the hoe was so much better then this one. When I changed buckets on the old hoe I never paid attention to pin vs. d/stick hole dia. There was never a need to. Just moved this new bucket more than two inches with tractor shut down. Also sent pix to dealer still have no answer about what to do. What I need to know is if the bucket is correct for a KB2485 based on bucket slop. Pins are not worn gets greased every 8 hrs.

/ 2485 bucket question #8  
1018121225.jpg1018121226.jpg1018121224.jpg1018121220.jpg

Here are the bucket pin dipper stick bushing, etc. from Chubby, Courtesy of me. :)
See above and recent posts regarding same.

CM

/ 2485 bucket question #9  
Ok
Someone put a KB2465/2475 bucket on it.
You will have to get with your dealer and tell him you need a bucket for a KB2485.

/ 2485 bucket question #10  
I agree with wallace, the pins for the 2485 bucket have a flatter face and less dome on the grease fitting side. The pin in the picture is clearly one from a 2465/75 bucket. I imagine the bucket is binding pretty heavily during use due to shifting from the undersized pins and this is the cause for your dilemma. I have installed hundreds of KB2485 hoes and not one ever had any issues. Good luck