DK55 Front End Gears

/ DK55 Front End Gears #1  

250quality

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55
Monday! Started moving a few rocks until I heard a bit of a crunch and one front wheel locked up. Service guy just left to get 2 new gears directly behind the tire. Looks like a bull gear and a pinon as well missing some teeth.
Not a good start to the week.

/ DK55 Front End Gears #2  
What year is your DK55?...I think there was a known issue with the front axle gears a couple of years ago. Make sure you get the new updated parts...not the same type that are in the housing now.

/ DK55 Front End Gears
Not sure but I'll check it out. It only has about 900 hours on it.

/ DK55 Front End Gears #4  
What year is your DK55?...I think there was a known issue with the front axle gears a couple of years ago. Make sure you get the new updated parts...not the same type that are in the housing now.

The latest update to some units includes new swivel housings. The first 55 we sold got updated twice.

/ DK55 Front End Gears
Interesting. Where would I look on it to find what year it is?
I will have a look today. Maybe I will call my dealer and see if he knows any info on this.
Thanks

/ DK55 Front End Gears #6  
The build year is coded into the serial number and any dealer has access to the info. 900 hrs? all your hrs or did you buy it used?

/ DK55 Front End Gears
I think its an 06 and I did buy it used. It had about 300 hrs on it when I got it. Called the dealer today and he said the upgrade was done on it before I got it.

/ DK55 Front End Gears #8  
Hmmm, upgrade failed too? Looks like it's time to start talking to Kioti. See if your dealer will contact them and request Kioti to pay for the repair....it's worth a shot.