broken hydraulic filter fitting

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting #1  

pricevilleman

Tractor
Kioti DK25HST
I removed the hoe from my CK25HST today and caught the bottom hydraulic filter. The filter came off with about 1 inch of thread from the fitting. Is this a nipple that can be replace or does the whole fitting have to be replaced. What is the best way to do it?

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting #2  
I think the whole thing has to be replaced. Many here have ripped them off while grubbing which there is so much interest in a belly pan.

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting
You are right MotorSeven. I got it off, 2 screws hold the housing to a bracket. 1 flow bolt, and 2 pressed ends with O-rings. A machine shop could put a new nipple in but the complete housing is $65.00 and shop time would probably eat it up. The biggest expense will be replacing the Hydra-Tranny fluid. Cheers!

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting #4  
Hope you ordered two of them because i snapped mine off the ck20 today . How long till the new one comes in ? I may try to J B weld mine till i get a replacement . Definetly going to fab a skid plate asap

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting
I have a Kioti dealer 20 miles away. They have a stock order every week and I was lucky to catch it. If I can't wait a week they would get it UPS in 2 days (of course the freight would be $50-60). Good idea to get 2 and get serious about skid plate. If the filter was 3" shorter a lot of our problems would go away. Cheers!

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting #6  
Come spring time, I aim to fab a belly pan.....already have the cardboard stashed for a template.

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting #7  
AFTER LOOKING AT IT , THERE ARE 2 THREADED HOLES BELOW THE FILTER THAT I'M GOING TO USE TO BOLT ON A SHORT PIECE OF 3X3 ANGLE.

/ broken hydraulic filter fitting #8  
I made an adapter to join the filter to the housing. It has a weak spot so it will break off instead of harming the housing. I made an extra adapter so of course it will never break again.
IMG_1102[1].jpg