Aftermarket Toplink holder...

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #1  

Buckgnarly

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DS3510
After my "wife" bent the OEM Kioti toplink when raising the rear weight, I had to get a *gasp* JD toplink (closest dealer to me)....well, the ends are larger ID (stronger) but will not fit in the OEM Kioti top link holder. To resolve this, I welded a half chain link to the body of the top link which conveniently doubled as a chain holder for the PTO shaft cover! Pics...

Toplinkfix.jpg

PTOchains.jpg

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #2  
Clever and thank you. I think I am going to use your idea.

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #3  
Still trying to find a holder for my Fit-Right hydraulic top link.

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #4  
Still trying to find a holder for my Fit-Right hydraulic top link.

You could use a link of chain, run a hose clamp through the link, tighten it up around the cylinder in the proper place so as that the OEM retainer would hook onto the link. Simple and inexpensive. ;)

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #5  
You could use a link of chain, run a hose clamp through the link, tighten it up around the cylinder in the proper place so as that the OEM retainer would hook onto the link. Simple and inexpensive. ;)

Don't want it to look like a Fred Sanford special. using a tie down strap now.

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #6  
Don't want it to look like a Fred Sanford special. using a tie down strap now.

By chance if you were to twist the OEM holder hook 90 degrees, would that then latch onto the hydraulic port? That is what I did for my 3215 and it is about perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,007
   / Aftermarket Toplink holder... #7  
By chance if you were to twist the OEM holder hook 90 degrees, would that then latch onto the hydraulic port? That is what I did for my 3215 and it is about perfect.

I tried to bend it, no go

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #8  
That actually looks like a BE (Braber Equipment) top link, the Deere top links are painted black and have handles bent on either side for adjustment vs/ the single rod through middle of the cylinder. Very clever idea for the top link holder, I like your thinking. :thumbsup:

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #9  
I have an old JD top link that had a rod thru it for adjustment. I took the rod out and put the hook in the hole, works good and stays there. Just drilling a hole about 5/16" might help you out.

/ Aftermarket Toplink holder... #10  
I went to Home Depot. Got a length of 1/4" zinc plated rod. With a hammer and a vise I bent into shape. I even slid a piece of clear 3/8 tubing on the hook end to keep it from scratching the top link cylinder. Then I mounted it where the original was. You can see the original and larger toplink holder I made in the pic.
3pt latch.jpg3pt holder.JPG

Last edited: