Installing second remote on a DK45 cab

/ Installing second remote on a DK45 cab #1  

kiotiken

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab
Has anybody ever added a second set of remotes on a DK35/50 SE Cab, and if so, how hard is it and how long does it take? At first I was going to buy the kit and do it myself because my dealer told me the kit wasn't very difficult to install. I've since run out of time and have way to much other stuff on my plate, so I called my dealer and asked him to do it for me. Now he's saying 3 to 3.5 hours and wasn't sure how difficult it would be and if the rear tire might have to be removed. I do trust these guys, they've always been honest and trustworthy, I just don't like how the story has changed and would like to know how long it's taken others to do.

/ Installing second remote on a DK45 cab #2  
When I asked my dealer about the second valve he said the tire needs to be removed in order to get access.

It's on my list of things to add, but it's not a priority for me right now. I want to buy a grapple in the spring and I'd like the second valve not to have the detent.

Jason

/ Installing second remote on a DK45 cab #3  
On an open station you can take the seat off to get access, but on a cab the wheel would likely have to come off. Might be able to do it with wheel on but still eat up as much time trying to reach in around 3pt and working from underneath getting control linkage fed through and connected. Actual time to remove 2 studs, replace with longer ones, silde on new valve, tighten up, route tubelines to rear remote bracket, tighten lines to valve, install QD,s and tighten down, route control lever through console and into front of valve spool, tighten holding screw on valve handle, and you are down. Takes less than 1/2 hour but getting to it is the time consuming part.

/ Installing second remote on a DK45 cab
Thanks guys. knowing that I'd have to remove a wheel (loaded) makes the decision very easy, there's no way I'd do it myself. When I added a second one to my open station CK30 while they were installing the cab on it, they only charged $500, taxes in. I guess I had that number in my head this time as well. These tractors really should come with 2 remotes given its only a $350 kit (I'm sure it would add less than $200 from the factory) and you should really be able to get a 3rd as an option.

/ Installing second remote on a DK45 cab #5  
I'm looking to add at least two more to my DK45SC, since I want to dedicate two of them to T&T and still have at least one spare set for my grapple, snowblower chute or whatever. So far, I haven't managed to get my dealer to price this work out for me, though...maybe they don't need the work!
BOB

I'm looking to add at least two more to my DK45SC, since I want to dedicate two of them to T&T and still have at least one spare set for my grapple, snowblower chute or whatever. So far, I haven't managed to get my dealer to price this work out for me, though...maybe they don't need the work!
BOB

From what I understand from my dealer, there's no OEM kit for a 3rd set. Not to say it can't be done, but you'll have to look into options like an add a valve kit. V&M Inc.

/ Installing second remote on a DK45 cab #7  
I guess theoretically I could add the OEM second remote kit, then put add a valve kits to end up with four controllable sets of remotes. I'd have to customize the mounting bracket for the OEM remotes, though, since using the existing bracket wouldn't leave enough room for the add a valves.
I've heard several suggestions as to how this might be done, but (since it won't be ME doing it) I really like to get a detailed description and estimate of cost, then just have a shop do it for me...I'm expecting close to $3k to get 4 (ie, 3 more) remotes plus T&T, but still waiting for estimates.
BOB

I guess theoretically I could add the OEM second remote kit, then put add a valve kits to end up with four controllable sets of remotes. I'd have to customize the mounting bracket for the OEM remotes, though, since using the existing bracket wouldn't leave enough room for the add a valves.
I've heard several suggestions as to how this might be done, but (since it won't be ME doing it) I really like to get a detailed description and estimate of cost, then just have a shop do it for me...I'm expecting close to $3k to get 4 (ie, 3 more) remotes plus T&T, but still waiting for estimates.
BOB

I'd be surprised if it was more than $2K, but let us know when you get the estimate.

/ Installing second remote on a DK45 cab #9  
Double diverter set up. Eeeeeasy install, super clean, not a ton of money. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I just installed a triple diverter set up on my Mahindra 3215. Only 1 rear remote available which I have. I had a 2 spool Prince valve on there for the past few years, but needed to have 4 rear remotes and honestly I was tired of the bulkiness of the Prince valve and sure didn't want to make things worse by adding another manual control valve. :eek: This tripple diverter setup worked out super clean. :cool2: I will try to get some pics up later today. My guesstamate is that you can do a tripple diverter set up with a GOOD control handle and get the complet Top & Tilt setup from me for under $2500. :cool: