Pour dk40

/ Pour dk40 #1  

landedakioti

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota L4060 hst
Went 7 days with out running it. This after noon i went to start it. She didn't want to turn over i think becuase its been cold at night after the 4th try it turned over.

/ Pour dk40 #2  
Went 7 days with out running it. This after noon i went to start it. She didn't want to turn over i think becuase its been cold at night after the 4th try it turned over.

And??? The point is??

/ Pour dk40
murphy1244 said:
And??? The point is??

Not share if it the fuel or some thing else . My grandfathers ford long tractor that has been sitting for two years turned over with no issue. And it was colder in vermont

/ Pour dk40 #4  
Not share if it the fuel or some thing else . My grandfathers ford long tractor that has been sitting for two years turned over with no issue. And it was colder in vermont

Maybe new battery time..

/ Pour dk40
murphy1244 said:
Maybe new battery time..

Do you think the one that came from the dealer is bad . Tractor has 91hrs

/ Pour dk40
murphy1244 said:
How old is it? How long does it sit?

Bought it in june . It has been the first time to sit 7days with out starting. I was brought up in the cold season to start them everyday let them warm up.

/ Pour dk40 #8  
Bought it in june . It has been the first time to sit 7days with out starting. I was brought up in the cold season to start them everyday let them warm up.

How long do you let them warm up??? You have a volt meter?

/ Pour dk40 #9  
It has nothing to do with how your grandfather's tractor starts, or anything other than the state of your current battery. Each cell's specific gravity and a load test are what would determine the ability of any battery to withstand either hot or cold weather, especially cold.
If your fan belt is loose, less charge goes back to the battery and that can shorten it's life too. If either battery post shows signs of corrosion or the ground at the frame is poor these items can also lead to hard start/no start. Check all of the above, BEFORE buying a new battery. Also, it should be warrantied by your selling dealer for at least a years worth of use.

/ Pour dk40 #10  
Mine only gets started for snow storms during the winter. I keep a battery charger hooked up to it when not in use. Always ready to go this way.