Fel rpm

/ Fel rpm #1  

RosseauK

Tractor
KiotiDK40se
Hey guys I've been digging gravel in my pit and was wondering what rpm is the best to run at. I did have the throttle low as I could go but stall occasionally when I get a big scoop. So I tried upping it to around 1600 it's a little jerky when releasing the clutch just wanted to see what others do.

/ Fel rpm #2  
Anytime I am doing heavy FEL work I run it at 23-2400 rpm.....HST's like RPM's, and I am guessing you should be up around 2000 with gear.

/ Fel rpm #3  
I have HST. I run it 1800 to 2000. Really heavy 2200

/ Fel rpm #4  
It sounds like you have the shuttle shift.
Use the foot throttle and you can very the RPM's up and down whenever you need to.
I never use the hand throttle for loader work.
Using the foot throttle will give you better control and save a whole lot of unnesasary wear and tear on the clutch and drivetrain.

Last edited:
   / Fel rpm #5  
I never knew of anybody that used constant throttle over accelerator for FEL work. Don't really understand why?

/ Fel rpm #6  
With HST you only have a hand throttle, plus you are using your right foot for forward and reverse.

/ Fel rpm #7  
With HST you only have a hand throttle, plus you are using your right foot for forward and reverse.
True.
But the original poster mentioned releasing the clutch, so I have to asume he has a manual transmision.
Using the foot throttle vs the hand throttle for loader work with a manual transmision is a whole lot easier on the operator and on the machine.

/ Fel rpm
Lol I do use my foot. However when in my pit I push the clutch in and lift up the bank. So I just have it set to around 1500 so when I let off the gas and push in the clutch it doesn't stall out the machine

/ Fel rpm #9  
Lol I do use my foot. However when in my pit I push the clutch in and lift up the bank. So I just have it set to around 1500 so when I let off the gas and push in the clutch it doesn't stall out the machine
I'm not sure I get it.
I've moved many hundreds of tons with my loader and never had that problem and my hand throttle is set at idle
What gear are you using to get a bucket full?

/ Fel rpm #10  
When I dig I usualy have it in midrange 2 or 3 using accelerator with no problems I set my hand throttle at lowest setting and have no problems maybe you should change your approach?thats with a dk 45 though it maybe different with a smaller tractor when digging up the bank don't push in on the clutch allow engine to aid in filling bucket while raising bucket.works for me.