Block heater

/ Block heater #1  

landedakioti

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota L4060 hst
If i put in a block heater will it void my warranty? Dk40se it has a hard time starting in cold

/ Block heater #2  
No. Mine came with a dealer installed aftermarket block heater. Don't remember the brand name- maybe Kat's??
Your glow plug circuit may not be working properly- how cold has it been in Maine that it won't start easily after glowing it?

/ Block heater #3  
I agree with CM, it's not cold enough to be having issues starting yet. As I said in your other thread, if it doesn't start perfectly in this weather, there's an issue. I know your history with your first dealer and the difficulty you'd have getting the tractor to a different dealer, but it may come down to that.

Mine came with a dealer installed lower rad heater. I've seen posts on the Bobcat side about getting a real block heater, but to my knowledge, there isn't one available through Kioti. CM, is yours an actual block heater or a lower rad hose heater?

/ Block heater
The day that i had issues was about 20 out side. Did the glow plugs for times final started let warm up and shut it off then tried to start again it would stall after draining my diesel and cutting it 50/50 diesel and k1 starts fine but its be warm the last couple of days. On the farm all the tractor's had block heaters . I read a form that kioti will void warranty if you have one?

/ Block heater #5  
The two dealers I talked to said it would not void warranty, but dealers can differ, so be aware.....have you checked your glowplug situation? Mine were not even connected when delivered. Hiw many hours on the tractor?

/ Block heater #6  
I read that post too, but I don't believe it. I didn't ask for a lower rad hose heater to be installed, nor did I pay extra for it, my tractor simply showed up with it installed. My dealer does this with every tractor they sell, including the CK30 I bought from them a couple years ago.

Now, a lower rad hose heater isn't a block heater, although I find it works very well. If there was ever a warranty issue, it could simply be remove and there'd be no evidence that it was ever there. If you're going to lose sleep at night because of it, I'd suggest you go that route over the block heater option that Wallace provided in the other thread. Otherwise, nothing is as good as a true block heater.

Now, the 20's F is not very cold. So far this year, I've started my DK45 at -10C or 14F without using the heater. Last winter I started my CK30 in the -30C range or -22F and below by using my lower rad hose heater. I've never used the glow plugs for more than one cycle to start, but what I will sometimes do when it's REALLY cold, is manually turn the key when it first starts and cycle the glow plugs then. It takes the engine from running rough to nice and smooth very quickly.

So, if at 20F you're having to cycle the glow plugs 4 times to get it started, you've got something wrong and I doubt a block heater is going to fix that, it's more likely a glow plug issue.

/ Block heater #7  
The block heater I got came from the dealer. Works just fine with a timer, but you really need it when it is very cold. I wonder if I remember correctly in the instruction Manuel if there is not sometime about keeping the glow plugs "on" after the engine being fire up and keeping your key counter clock wise so that the glow plug will still be on for a few extra seconds? That might help for cold start up...

Phil

Attachments

• block heater.jpg
    block heater.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 1,528
   / Block heater #8  
I agree with CM, it's not cold enough to be having issues starting yet. As I said in your other thread, if it doesn't start perfectly in this weather, there's an issue. I know your history with your first dealer and the difficulty you'd have getting the tractor to a different dealer, but it may come down to that.

Mine came with a dealer installed lower rad heater. I've seen posts on the Bobcat side about getting a real block heater, but to my knowledge, there isn't one available through Kioti. CM, is yours an actual block heater or a lower rad hose heater?

I have a (freeze plug located) block heater, as already stated:); and I checked with my selling dealer, he says mine is probably a Kats brand, and he is currently selling Tisco brand heaters. They sell what's available and best priced at a particular time.
I've never used mine to date, my tractor relaxes in a radiant floor heated barn...:dance1:
BTW,
A block heater isn't going to void any warranty; it's not up to the individual dealers to dictate warranty issues, its either written into the factory warranty papers or it isn't. Case closed.:thumbsup:

/ Block heater #9  
I have a (freeze plug located) block heater, as already stated:); and I checked with my selling dealer, he says mine is probably a Kats brand, and he is currently selling Tisco brand heaters. They sell what's available and best priced at a particular time.
I've never used mine to date, my tractor relaxes in a radiant floor heated barn...:dance1:
BTW,
A block heater isn't going to void any warranty; it's not up to the individual dealers to dictate warranty issues, its either written into the factory warranty papers or it isn't. Case closed.:thumbsup:

If the dealer finds an authorized modification causes a component to fail, they can void the warranty......that said, only thing a blockheater could really ruin would be if it leaked......they cannot void a fuel issue or transmission for example because of a blockheater.

/ Block heater #10  
If the dealer finds an authorized modification causes a component to fail, they can void the warranty......that said, only thing a blockheater could really ruin would be if it leaked......they cannot void a fuel issue or transmission for example because of a blockheater.

For purposes of clarity and not having misleading or incorrect info out to TBN members: Actually no. The dealer's don't 'void' warranty claims- the only thing that can render denial of a claim for a particular part replacement/ repair under the manufacturer's warranty is what is stated in the contract's boilerplate.
Kioti states exclusions for implements such as NON -Kioti branded backhoes and brush-hogs can cause warranty claims to be denied if damage is caused by the implement. Thus one would have to look to the aftermarket manufacturer for recourse, if the implement damaged the tractor.
These issues have been discussed to death on the attachments forum.
Legally binding contracts/warranties which come with tractors, cars, etc. are exclusionary. They tell one what the manufacturer will cover and in most instances what it WONT cover during warranty duration.
Unless one installs a block heater incorrectly and it causes all the anti-freeze to leak out and the block to crack the likelihood of a dealer asking corporate to deny a claim because of a block heater is less than zero.
It's not to say some dealer's won't tell their customers that they have the power to deny claims themselves, but its not what someone says- it's what the contract states that rules.
One might have to get a lawyer involved these days in some rare circumstances, but anyone's mileage can vary when dealing with a huge corporate giant like Kioti/Daedong.
Block heater= no brainer. Install one at will and verify no leaks.