2003 Dk50C 4A200T head bolt length

/ 2003 Dk50C 4A200T head bolt length
Most automotive specs are like this as well. No more final torque spec just * (degrees). Keeps people who use old beam type torque wrenches from messing up. JK :)

LOL...I learned as a machinist years ago that the beam type of torque wrenches are the MOST and consistantly accurate torque wrenches ever produced :)

Very interesting. Do you know the applicability of this new MLS head gasket? For example, is turbo-only? Did they start using it in production at some date? Just wondering in case you happen to know considering the research you've already done. Thanks.

From what I have learned, This particular gasket is for both turbo and non turbo 4a200 engines. I KINDA got the impression that Kioti is going with MLS as SOP on their engines now ( can't etch that in stone, just the impression I got from telephone toneage )

/ 2003 Dk50C 4A200T head bolt length #43  
Believe it or not, I still have one myself (beam type torque wrench).

/ 2003 Dk50C 4A200T head bolt length #44  
Glad she is up and running good. You have had a rough road.

I CAN say with certainty seacap, that this 3rd failure WILL BE the LAST on this tractor. Normal breakage I fully understand, cause I do bend and break stuff....but multiple HG ( read engine) failures are UN ACCEPTABLE to me.

I absolutely LOVE this tractor and am amazed @ the work it is capable of, but if this kind of stuff happens 1 more time...well...i don't wanna think about it.

I confess that I DID price a 57 hp Kubota with FEL......I just cant get past the weight difference, they have gotten quite proud of their tractors also...but Kioti is going that direction too, now that they have some following....

Hopefully this era of failures are over....1st HG 814 hrs, this failure was 1017 hrs !!??....I am confident that the CAUSE of the failures was found this time......I'm lazy, and PROUD OF IT...I only wanna do it ONCE...and not even ONCE is nice ...VBSEG

/ 2003 Dk50C 4A200T head bolt length #46  
Nice work LTE! You deserve some trouble free tractoring. From what you have detailed about the different head gasket types I suspect you're onto something. What with your through cleaning and shaving the head smooth for a good mating surface I'm hoping for you the job outlasts your use of the Kioti.
Don't go Kubota, they're only orange, beyond that who knows! :eek: Just kidding- not a slam, they are good tractors too....
Let us know how you're faring after some hours on her.

I bought a Harbor Freight scope (Digital Inspection Camera with Recorder). It seems to work well but some skill is needed to understand what you are seeing. Overall, it's a pretty useful gizmo compared to disassembling stuff.

Nice looking unit !!! reading the description, I wonder if the fiber optic viewer is the same or similar to the snap on BK6000 ?

for THAT kind of money....you CANT go wrong