reliability

/ reliability #1  

bobfl

Tractor
looking
Do you find that Kioti problems are the same as the big 3?Does anyone have experience with the extended warranty?I am looking at a dk35.
Thanks, Bob

/ reliability #2  
I have a DK 35 and passed on the extended warrenty.I do most of my own maintainance and figured I could handle any problem that might arise after my warrenty expires.
The only problem I have had was a small leak on a loader cylinder when I first got the tractor.
I took the cylinder to the dealer on a day the tractor was not needed and had new seals installed.( No down time )
The tractor has never been in for warrenty work and has been problem free so far, 1 1/2 years old and 150 hours .
I have been very pleased with my dicision to go with Kioti !

/ reliability #3  
If the big 3 tractors have no problems, then they are the same as my Kioti. I've just passed my one year anniversary with my DK 45 and have only had a bent wheel (came that way from the factory I guess and my dealer replaced with a new one). I think that Kioti (and probably the other Korean-made tractors, although I haven't seen any besides the Mahindras up close) surrenders nothing to JD/NH/Kubota as far as build quality, fit & finish and reliability. Of course, the only thing that will prove reliablity in the long run IS the long run, so in another 15 to 20 years, I'll let you know how my Kioti is holding up. I wouldn't wait that long to get one though, if I were you.

I can tell you for certain that I'm having better luck with my DK 45 than I did with my Belarus 420.

Take it Easy

Tim Gray

/ reliability #4  
I have owned three Kioti's and just ordered the fourth Presently own the DK35. The only problem with any of them is the DK had a factory recall on the seat and some frame/ loader mount work ,all done for free and volunteered by the dealer. Go for it, they are great .

/ reliability #5  
I think the reliability issue isn't just brand related. All brands of tractors that I seen seem to be well made, and have taken many operational items into consideration for production. However I do believe that there will be particular tractors within each brand that will experience particular problem issues that others will not. With that being said even though I own JD, I would not be afraid to own any other brand of tractor, and have even nearly purchased a Kioti, and even a Kubota, but my only reason for not doing so was the finance options being offered by JD were much better at the time. Everyone has their own likes/dislikes, however it does appear at times there seems to be a particular model within a brand or sometimes it may appear to be the brand itself that has reliability issues. However all this is relative to ones' own perception of the situation. Would I own a Kioti? Absolutely. Would I be concerned of reliability issues? Absolutely not. Would I grow concerned after experiencing several problems? Absolutely. I am sure everyone would begin to wonder at least a little. I have had a minor problem with my rockshaft on my JD, but it was very promptly fixed by my dealer. In fact my dealer has been fantastic. Thats really the bottom line, you need a dealer that will treat you right and take care of your problems when you have them no matter what brand you buy. I think that will be echoed by others as well. If you do choose to get a Kioti I think you'll be very happy with your decision.

/ reliability #6  
<font color="blue"> "you need a dealer that will treat you right and take care of your problems " </font>

Good point about the dealer. I bought a Kioti from Out of state to deal with that kind of dealer. The local one just didn't impress me. I am glad I got rid of my fears of buying a brand that I just found out about. I hesitate to say that there are NO bad tractors, just different colored ones. There are slight differences in performance and weight for example but they are all pretty good. When I buy another or different or bigger tractor, most likely it will be a Kioti. I am having very good luck with mine.