DK35se HST - Servicing

/ DK35se HST - Servicing #1  

Todd710

Tractor
Kioti DK35se HST
Hello,

I am new to the forums and I got my first tractor Sept. 2012. I have just done the 50 hrs service. But I am not 100% sure I serviced it correctly. The reason that I feel this way is 2 reasons

1. The dealer gave me 12.5 gals of hydraulic oil the system capacity is 11.1 gals according to the owners manual. After I drained it and serviced it the system only took approx. 9 gal. Is that right? I've checked and double checked and the system is full. When I drained it it sat with the drain plug out for over 2 hrs and no more fluid came out.

2. After servicing the tractor I let the tractor run for 10 min. But now when I run the loader appears to have air in the lines.

Has anyone had experience with this? How do I purge the air?

Thanks for any help!

Todd

Kioti DK35se HST w/Loader

/ DK35se HST - Servicing #2  
Did you drain the oil from the rear final drives? There are plugs at the bottom of each of the drive housings. They aren't mentioned in the manual. I would have missed them except I saw a post about them on TBN prior to doing my service. I don't think it should be critical that they were not done. Kioti should update their manuals or send an addendum to mention the omission.

Last edited:
   / DK35se HST - Servicing
I did not. Thanks! that would make sense I feel like I am completely in the dark and I have the service manual and owners manual. Any idea about the air in the loader? I assume that was because of the filter change. Is there something I need to do to get the air out?

/ DK35se HST - Servicing #4  
Keep using the FEL, it will bleed itself out.

/ DK35se HST - Servicing #5  
i missed draining the final drives the first time around also. cant believe its not in the manual. took care of them the next time though.

/ DK35se HST - Servicing #6  
If I remember correctly, it was more than a gallon that came out of the 2 final drive plugs. Also don't forget the front axle. Of course it is not related to the main sump, but you did not mention it. and it will take the first filling, and maybe a little more later as it seems to take a bit Of time to get the fluid all distributed. Also some of these tractors (mine included) have a part incorrectly installed by the front axle drain plugs and the fluid will just drip out of the drain plugs. My left plug the fluid gushes out, but the right plug took half an hour to drain.

James K0UA

/ DK35se HST - Servicing
Thanks everyone! That is exactly what I wanted to know. You know how it is when you get a nice toy you want to make sure you don't ruin it doing something stupid!

Todd

/ DK35se HST - Servicing #8  
Thanks James and GRS the great, I just put the rear drains in my book. Thanks again.:eek:

/ DK35se HST - Servicing #9  
Also, the left front axle has a sight glass, inboard of the left tire, (on the axle facing rearward) so one doesn't overfill the axles and blow out the seals. There's a white ball that should be in the center of the red circle of the sight glass when the axles are full on level ground. It does not take a lot to get it to center itself, BUT you may have to drive it around and then come back to a level spot for all the fluid to work itself around and get an accurate reading.
Lucky for all of us that we have these forums because if we had to rely on dealers, manuals and such we'd be in a way worse place. No offense to the dealer network, but it is near impossible to get any reliable info from many of them. The really good ones hang out on TBN, Wallace, MIE, etc.:D