Tractor
    Kioti DK35se HST

Default DK35se HST - Servicing

Hello,

I am new to the forums and I got my first tractor Sept. 2012. I have just done the 50 hrs service. But I am not 100% sure I serviced it correctly. The reason that I feel this way is 2 reasons

1. The dealer gave me 12.5 gals of hydraulic oil the system capacity is 11.1 gals according to the owners manual. After I drained it and serviced it the system only took approx. 9 gal. Is that right? I've checked and double checked and the system is full. When I drained it it sat with the drain plug out for over 2 hrs and no more fluid came out.

2. After servicing the tractor I let the tractor run for 10 min. But now when I run the loader appears to have air in the lines.

Has anyone had experience with this? How do I purge the air?

Thanks for any help!

Todd

Kioti DK35se HST w/Loader

kco
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

Did you drain the oil from the rear final drives? There are plugs at the bottom of each of the drive housings. They aren't mentioned in the manual. I would have missed them except I saw a post about them on TBN prior to doing my service. I don't think it should be critical that they were not done. Kioti should update their manuals or send an addendum to mention the omission.
    Last edited by kco; 12-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se HST

Default Re: DK35se HST - Servicing

I did not. Thanks! that would make sense I feel like I am completely in the dark and I have the service manual and owners manual. Any idea about the air in the loader? I assume that was because of the filter change. Is there something I need to do to get the air out?

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Keep using the FEL, it will bleed itself out.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

i missed draining the final drives the first time around also. cant believe its not in the manual. took care of them the next time though.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

If I remember correctly, it was more than a gallon that came out of the 2 final drive plugs. Also don't forget the front axle. Of course it is not related to the main sump, but you did not mention it. and it will take the first filling, and maybe a little more later as it seems to take a bit Of time to get the fluid all distributed. Also some of these tractors (mine included) have a part incorrectly installed by the front axle drain plugs and the fluid will just drip out of the drain plugs. My left plug the fluid gushes out, but the right plug took half an hour to drain.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se HST

Thanks everyone! That is exactly what I wanted to know. You know how it is when you get a nice toy you want to make sure you don't ruin it doing something stupid!

Todd

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Thanks James and GRS the great, I just put the rear drains in my book. Thanks again.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Also, the left front axle has a sight glass, inboard of the left tire, (on the axle facing rearward) so one doesn't overfill the axles and blow out the seals. There's a white ball that should be in the center of the red circle of the sight glass when the axles are full on level ground. It does not take a lot to get it to center itself, BUT you may have to drive it around and then come back to a level spot for all the fluid to work itself around and get an accurate reading.
    Lucky for all of us that we have these forums because if we had to rely on dealers, manuals and such we'd be in a way worse place. No offense to the dealer network, but it is near impossible to get any reliable info from many of them. The really good ones hang out on TBN, Wallace, MIE, etc.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.