Came home last night

/ Came home last night #91  
I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. I also think that personal attacks are counterproductive to the purpose of TBN.

/ Came home last night #92  
I'd like to start protecting children in the womb. Are you with me to help save the children? Over 50 million killed. No guns.

Except its not your body and they are not children, they are fetuses. You can not abort it once it is a child.

/ Came home last night #93  
So I think your point was you don't have to intend to kill you can "bluff" out of it, which may be true, but I wouldn't bluff on my life. A better weapon for someone who could not pull the trigger is pepper spray, stun gun,...etc.

My point is two fold: One, the cliche implies YOU BETTER KILL SOMEONE if you have a gun. That statement is way too definitive, and myopic. BUY GUN = KILLING HUMAN. Sorry but that will prevent some people from purchasing a gun and having it save them .

I did "bluff" on three times and it worked perfectly. Why would I want the hassle of three dead people, and the MILLIONS I would need to spend on defending my choice IF, HUGE IF, I could make a lough BANG sound with a 357 Magnum, and have a bad guy with half a brain run the other way.

All situations are different, mine were such I could have aimed AT THE PERSON and shot or shoot once in the air NOT BLUFFING, but telling them in no uncertain terms the next one is in their head, they now need to decide.

Granted situations, timing etc all come into play.

The cliche is tired and too simplistic and does not allow some people to see options. Prime example. My wife would not have ANYTHING to do with guns, given the cliche. It wasn't till I explained, "listen if you are home alone and someone is breaking in SHOOT A BULLET in the ceiling, or in the couch, JUST MAKE THE NOISE.. WHAT, I can do that" Then she was happy to get involved in fire arms. Simply the fact that she was not MANDATED to kill someone.

YES I understand if people are not willing to kill they may be killed themselves, BUT if they won't kill someone anyway so they will die regardless, and at least the LOUD BANG is a last resort before they die. That at least gives them a 50/50 chance over 100% chance of being killed.

Yes I am more than willing and able to kill a "perp" but I will do anything and everything to avoid it because of all the legal ramifications afterwards.

Worked three time and I expect it to continue to work, - UNTIL I have no other option.

/ Came home last night #94  
My point is two fold: One, the cliche implies YOU BETTER KILL SOMEONE if you have a gun. That statement is way too definitive, and myopic. BUY GUN = KILLING HUMAN. Sorry but that will prevent some people from purchasing a gun and having it save them .

I did "bluff" on three times and it worked perfectly. Why would I want the hassle of three dead people, and the MILLIONS I would need to spend on defending my choice IF, HUGE IF, I could make a lough BANG sound with a 357 Magnum, and have a bad guy with half a brain run the other way.

All situations are different, mine were such I could have aimed AT THE PERSON and shot or shoot once in the air NOT BLUFFING, but telling them in no uncertain terms the next one is in their head, they now need to decide.

Granted situations, timing etc all come into play.

The cliche is tired and too simplistic and does not allow some people to see options. Prime example. My wife would not have ANYTHING to do with guns, given the cliche. It wasn't till I explained, "listen if you are home alone and someone is breaking in SHOOT A BULLET in the ceiling, or in the couch, JUST MAKE THE NOISE.. WHAT, I can do that" Then she was happy to get involved in fire arms. Simply the fact that she was not MANDATED to kill someone.

YES I understand if people are not willing to kill they may be killed themselves, BUT if they won't kill someone anyway so they will die regardless, and at least the LOUD BANG is a last resort before they die. That at least gives them a 50/50 chance over 100% chance of being killed.

Yes I am more than willing and able to kill a "perp" but I will do anything and everything to avoid it because of all the legal ramifications afterwards.

Worked three time and I expect it to continue to work, - UNTIL I have no other option.

Sure whatever. I stand by my post and have no desire to reiterate.

/ Came home last night #95  
dgoyette said:
Except its not your body and they are not children, they are fetuses. You can not abort it once it is a child.

Feel free to PM me. I'd be willing to explain my view.

If we were talking about what our favorite color tractor was, I'd joke about it without really caring.

I don't find these subjects simple or humorous in any way. The simplistic nature with which they are mishandled, or summarily dismissed, here is disturbing.

/ Came home last night #96  
As the thread has become about guns and CT, which I guess in unavoidable considering the horrror.

I'm firmly of the opinion that americans have the right to bear arms for many reasons, including the critically important reason of protecting ourselves from our government and the bad guys.

There absolutely should be rules about being sane and law abiding prior to purchase.

With that said, I think we need weapons in the hands of more law abiding citizens not less.

There is no way to keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys, just like you can't keep drugs out of the hands of those who want them.

The only way to stop these animalistic killings is to kill the perps before they kill.

I see no other rational way to stop this stuff.

It is clear that the parents of these animals don't care enough to stop / prevent it.

In the process of purchasing my first gun for home protection.

Joel

/ Came home last night #97  

If we were talking about what our favorite color tractor was, I'd joke about it without really caring.

I don't find these subjects simple or humorous in any way. The simplistic nature with which they are mishandled, or summarily dismissed, here is disturbing.

Well I am not sure what part you think is a joke. I do know your view, I just disagree with, and yes must dismiss it is all.

Not into the PM thing on this topic.

/ Came home last night #98  

You're referring to your posts, yes?!
Oh Yeah, weren't you just telling me 'that its a complicated subject'?!

Here's how it is in the world of science: woman has eggs, one is fertilized by any number of different methods. Egg becomes embryo. Embryo becomes fetus. Fetus is matured to delivery. Delivery occurs. Oops! Fetus is born DEAD. Otherwise, a child is born live, and lives until it dies. In case of still-birth, and unfortunate but not uncommon occurrence their is no child ultimately, since it died while being born, or shortly thereafter. End of birth story, and end of topic of scientific discussion. All else is superstition or variety of religious indoctrination/ beliefs which can, but often don't match reality. You can believe what you want- just don't expect the rest of the world to conform to your set of beliefs. Science on the other hand is based on FACTS- something I'm sure you've heard of, you just may not have come to realize they are what matter....

/ Came home last night #99  

Here's how it is in the world of science: woman has eggs, one is fertilized by any number of different methods. Egg becomes embryo. Embryo becomes fetus. Fetus is matured to delivery. Delivery occurs. Oops! Fetus is born DEAD. Otherwise, a child is born live, and lives until it dies. In case of still-birth, and unfortunate but not uncommon occurrence their is no child ultimately, since it died while being born, or shortly thereafter. End of birth story, and end of topic of scientific discussion. All else is superstition or variety of religious indoctrination/ beliefs which can, but often don't match reality. You can believe what you want- just don't expect the rest of the world to conform to your set of beliefs. Science on the other hand is based on FACTS- something I'm sure you've heard of, you just may not have come to realize they are what matter....

I too believe in science vs. religious fiction.

/ Came home last night #100  
Coyote machine said:

As other readers expressed keeping the thread in the realm of preparing for home invasion, I offered PM as an option to discuss the hijack subject matter you introduced: gun control, school violence, killing of children.

You are welcome to PM me.