Came home last night

/ Came home last night #121  
Cars are used as an intentional killing machine. That's a fact.

A caregiver for my folks, some years ago, was shopping, going in front door of grocery store.

Mentally ill person ran car into door way and all the way thru vegetables and to the back of the store.

Killed our caregiver. Seriously, perhaps mortally, injured another, never did hear how that came out.

Problem source, when not a terrorist or a robber, is almost always mental illness.

We need to recognize mental illness for the cost it does to society. Treating prevents/reduces these incidents. We are supremely blind, as a whole, to mental illness and its treatment in the USA.

Cars and guns kill when mental illness strikes and takes it's toll.

/ Came home last night #122  
I keep the 18" barrel 12ga loaded with #7 by the door in a closet - lethal within 20 ft or so. Outside that it will bring supreme pain and misery to someone on the receiving end. Less likely to penetrate the walls too. It is really there for the 4 legged critters and snakes, but I am confident that it would do the job on the 2 legged predators as well.
This 12 ga. has a 24" barrel. It's loaded with 3" mag, 00 buck and #1 buck... alternated.
But.... I have a back hoe :D

/ Came home last night #123  
Wouldn't want to be hit at 20 ft by any shotgun with any load, quite deadley at that distance .

/ Came home last night #124  
Unstand about your wife getting upset,could have been another knothead out there waiting.

Man gotta do what he thinks is right to protect the family.