Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Default Re: Came home last night

Quote Originally Posted by sdkubota View Post
    Why do you want to chase one? Chances are they will have a knife or bar to hit you with. My Uncle used to tell me if you are ever chasing someone to fight, don't catch them or they might just kick your arse. Don't shoot over their heads either...terrible waste of a bullet.
    You wouldn"t want to shoot him in the back. You would be the one facing charges in today's world. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Tractor
    Kioti DS4110

Not sure why, the man thing I guess...never claimed I was smart!

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Thats the nice thing about a shotgun; aim low and put some #7 1/2 in his butt and legs. That will make him run much slower and much more painful to remove than a single slug and 100 yards away, you dont have to worry about where the shot went
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat 773

I keep the 18" barrel 12ga loaded with #7 by the door in a closet - lethal within 20 ft or so. Outside that it will bring supreme pain and misery to someone on the receiving end. Less likely to penetrate the walls too. It is really there for the 4 legged critters and snakes, but I am confident that it would do the job on the 2 legged predators as well.

Tractor
    12' Kioti DK40SE HST

Quote Originally Posted by Guido455 View Post
    Do you think they could outrun ruber bullets, or rock salt shot out of a shotgun ? LOL
    Rubber? who wants to frig around with rubber bullets. In my opinion that is a good opportunity to cull a non productive member of society and if he lands outside the house just drag him inside before calling the police Lets face it probably most of us on this site own, or live near property that would be very easy "for someone to get lost in". I've always said if it ever happened while I am home I gaurantee whom ever it is they will never leave alive.
    12' DK40SE HST

KL401 FEL, 72" Sundown Tiller, 72" Kodiak Rotary Cutter, NAI 48" Root Grapple

Tractor
    SOLD L2800DT-F, purchased Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by landedakioti View Post
    Came home last to someone trying to break into my house i chased him off, my daughter and pregnant wife are scared and mad at me for chasing him away because he could of had a weapon. So we called the police station and will have a officer drive by the house for a couple days.
    My wife is a retired Police Officer, she would have been mad that they got away.
    Most thieves are not violent, violence just adds time to their sentence if caught.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Man View Post
    Rubber? who wants to frig around with rubber bullets. In my opinion that is a good opportunity to cull a non productive member of society and if he lands outside the house just drag him inside before calling the police Lets face it probably most of us on this site own, or live near property that would be very easy "for someone to get lost in". I've always said if it ever happened while I am home I gaurantee whom ever it is they will never leave alive.
    Use the SSS method.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

I am a strong gun supporter but ... don't get a gun unless you are prepared to kill another human and are willing to train (preferably professional training) to use it effectively. Real life is not like TV. Pointing a gun at someone probably won't freeze them in their tracks. Shooting someone, particularly with a handgun, will probably not stop them in their tracks either. Shooting in the air is never a good idea (except, maybe small shotgun shot). Firearms is a serious business that involves serious responsibility. You need to know your state (and sometimes, local) gun laws.

Other points: Firearms are a prime target for thieves. There are no winners in a gun fight. Few possessions are important enough to risk death or serious bodily injury. If you use a gun in self defense, you may get arrested and may need to hire a lawyer, especially in blue states. Finally, have a plan: when do you run (usually whenever you can) and when (and how/where) do you stand your ground (generally when you have no other choice).

Some of the previous comments in this tread reflect more bravado than realism.
    Last edited by ritcheyvs; 12-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Scott
    Kioti DK45S, KL451 loader, Howse 601S cutter, Phoenix M72S mower, Deere BB5072 Box Scraper, Fit Rite Hydro Top Link

Tractor
    kubota L4060 hst

I have guns but there in vermont my wife dosen't want them around with children. When she was a kid a kid down the road shoot his dad by accident the dad left it loaded on the table. I grew up around guns . Killed my first deer when i was 10. Killed my first cow with a hammer when i was 8yrs, my grandfather if it every came down to save your family from danger image the person as a animal. That is how he survived koran war.

southern colony of the People's Democratic Republic of Chicago
    Tractor
    Simplicity 6512.5; Kubota L35

+1 on what Ritcheyvs says. It doesn't take much law enforcement experience to tell when a body was shot outside and dragged inside--advocting that is at best ..er...not good advice.
    If you are going to contemplate pointing guns at anyone outside your dwelling--or carrying a sidearm at all outside your dwelling, get training. There is a lot of pretty good training available. From a dollars-and-sense perspective, a two-week intensive practical course will cost you about the same as a two-hour meeting with your lawyer after you've screwed up and been arrested. More importantly, training on what you can legally do and how to do it without shooting yourself in the @$$ is crucial, especially the repetitive, muscle-memory parts--with a certified instructor making sure that you don't engrave your brain with bad moves and dangerous habits.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast