Came home last night

/ Came home last night
Also i think tractors should gave a alarm like cars so you even touch a tired will go off.

Have a alarm. So i have talk to my patent lawyer to start the paper work app for this idea

/ Came home last night #52  
Has worked for me for over 50 yrs. I actually shoot up in the air when I suspect I have a prowler or thief. The word is out in community, that the guy must be a little crazy and you better stay from that property or you could get shot. I like the dope heads and deadbeats to feel that way. Back in the mid fifties, Dad actually shot (with a shotgun) at a fellow with 2 of our prize chickens under his arms. He got away, however, he never came back for more. I would not suggest this In a urban setting. Ken Sweet
Yeah that kind of reputation does get around town quickly and is almost better than a alarm system on a Kioti tractor.

/ Came home last night #53  
It's not cliche and when it is said that if you have a gun you had better be able to use it to kill if needed is good advice. It does NOT suggest you should or will need to kill someone. What it means is a criminal may be robbing / burglarizing and have absolutely no intention of harming anyone. But if you introduce a firearm into the situation to stop the robbery that is a game changer, as it escalates the situation. At that point the criminal could see it as a mortal threat and decide to kill/harm you instead. So if you display a gun you had better be ready to kill if necessary otherwise you may be increasing your chances of being killed yourself.

Defending yourself IMO is an absolute right. The right of self preservation is as natural as the right to breath (or keep breathing). But defending yourself against a crime is an escalation of the event. My belief is every citizen has the right to escalate the event until the threat is gone.

In line with this if an unarmed robber is the criminal, and the victim introduces a firearm but will not use it (or does not know how) the victim may be doing nothing but providing a weapon for the criminal. Same goes for any weapon. Introduce a knife in a fight you better know how to use it. If your opponent is better at knife fighting and knows how to disarm you, than you have escalated the situation to deadly threat by pulling the knife and have now provided a knife to your opponent if he obtains control of the knife. Scary stuff if you don't know how to knife fight.

So I think your point was you don't have to intend to kill you can "bluff" out of it, which may be true, but I wouldn't bluff on my life. A better weapon for someone who could not pull the trigger is pepper spray, stun gun,...etc.

In Dallas a few years ago a man got shot and killed for stealing a radio from another mans car. The man caught the guy stealing the radio with AK47 in hand, needless to say the guy didn't make it away with said radio, man was "no billed", meaning no charges filed.
In Texas after dark you have the right to defend your property with deadly force. And most of us do.

Maybe Kioti will see this thread and think about offering alarms as a option for newer tractors.

/ Came home last night
In Dallas a few years ago a man got shot and killed for stealing a radio from another mans car. The man caught the guy stealing the radio with AK47 in hand, needless to say the guy didn't make it away with said radio, man was "no billed", meaning no charges filed.
In Texas after dark you have the right to defend your property with deadly force. And most of us do.

Maybe Kioti will see this thread and think about offering alarms as a option for newer tractors.

Lawyer just filled the paper work and for the patent pending app too.

/ Came home last night #55  
Lawyer just filled the paper work and for the patent pending app too.

If you make a fortune, hope the perp doesn't come back and demand his share for helping you think of it... :eek:

/ Came home last night #56  
   / Came home last night #57  
I am just 12 miles from Lisbon Falls, heard about someone breaking into an elderly couples home and steeling all of their gifts just recently as well. I think crime is on a s teady rise here in Maine because drugs are-not the drugs that are illegal-perscription drugs. Maine has the highest per capita rat of those on perscription pain killer medications. A huge problem here and its going to get worse.

I am looking to find arm, protect my home better than the system I have. I do have booby traps set up here and thre-not ones that will kill, but ones that will cause extreme agony. I think the idea of home security is to have multiple systems at work like a primary and backup protection system, primary and backup detections system, primary and backup deterent system and it doesnt have to cost alot.

Finally you also have to realize that if someone wants soemthing you have bad enough there maybe no way to stop them. Just have good insurance and know that material things can be replaced.

I drive through Lisbon every week. It's a bit of a hike for you but there's a gun shop in Poland that offers CWP classes right on site. So you can get a firearm, learn to use it, get the safety course, and get what you need to apply for a CWP all at one place. Maine is a shall issue state.

/ Came home last night
I drive through Lisbon every week. It's a bit of a hike for you but there's a gun shop in Poland that offers CWP classes right on site. So you can get a firearm, learn to use it, get the safety course, and get what you need to apply for a CWP all at one place. Maine is a shall issue state.

Whats the name in the place in poland. I have shotguns in vermont and a 22 but. Maybe if my wife went with me she would be ok with it

/ Came home last night #59  
Glad the guy ran off and didn't engage you and sorry to hear it happened especially with the women there that gives me chills thinking about it! Get the CCH license please if there is any way possible to do so it is a peace of mind you cant replace with alarms etc even though they have their place as well.

I carry a .380 or a .45 at all times depends on how I am dressed and feel fairly safe at all times because I am very aware of my surroundings always.

All I can say is God help them if I catch someone breaking in like you did they will get shot at and I dont mean maybe. I hope it never happens and I hope you never have it again so be careful! :thumbsup:

/ Came home last night #60  
Whats the name in the place in poland. I have shotguns in vermont and a 22 but. Maybe if my wife went with me she would be ok with it
Here is some info from the Web

Top Gun of Maine
481 Maine St.
Poland Spring, ME 04274 | map | directions
Joseph Cimino
207 998-2806
Maine's Premier Indoor pistol and rifle range Full service gun shop concealed weapons and basic pistol classes Indoor archery range buy-sell-trade firearms

Good luck convincing the wife, if you can convince her to go and get comfortable with a .380 or something, and get a pistol safe, there should be no danger of the kids getting hold of it.