Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Came home last night

Quote Originally Posted by sweettractors View Post
    Has worked for me for over 50 yrs. I actually shoot up in the air when I suspect I have a prowler or thief.
    If I was going to discharge rounds to scare somebody, I'd at least put them into the ground. Maybe you live somewhere so remote that you don't have to worry where the bullet comes down.

southern colony of the People's Democratic Republic of Chicago
    Tractor
    Simplicity 6512.5; Kubota L35

landedakioti, and others who me be interested:
    If you are experienced in firearm safety and use, you should not have a great deal of trouble in passing whatever tests your state requires for a CCW ticket. However, especially in the case of spouses who are not shooters, there are a lot of benefits to signing the spouse up for a couple of introductory courses such as basic firearm maintenance and safety, home defense, or the NRA Refuse to be a Victim programs. If you are a shooting male with experience and a spouse with very little or no experience, be prepared to eat some crow for dinner, tho. Previously-inexperienced female shooters who genuinely want to learn pistolcraft tend to follow instructions ( from someone other than hubby) very closely and to demonstrate high degrees of hand-eye and small motor muscle skills. For example, I got a lot of guff from the operator / instructor at a local pistol range when my wife--who had never fired a center-fire handgun of any kind--after only a couple of hours of instruction fired a 590 out of 600 on the 60-round ppc course, including all 10s at the 25-yard line, with a 4-inch S&W Model 15. It would be reasonable for the reader to infer that it had taken me quite a few more than 60 rounds, and more than a couple of hours of practice, to get up to a 590. Let's face it--those of us of the testicular gender tend to believe that all guys are born with superb ability to shoot pistols, drive trucks, and make love. Give your significant other a couple of stiff drinks and ask her for her opinion on that belief...
    More seriously, tho, I recommend that everybody who's interested take some of the courses--even if a person winds up not carrying, or not having a firearm around the house, the education on some of the realities involved should be very interesting.
    For anyone who is interested in carrying, I strongly suggest taking whatever courses will prepare you to obtain a CCW ticket which will be reciprocal in all or most of those states in which you are likely to be traveling by land vehicles. Most resident state CCW permits are reciprocal, but check to make sure. If you are a resident of the Peoples' Democratic Republic of Illinois, however, you will probably need to get a Florida or Nevada ticket--good most everywhere except Illinois.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Quote Originally Posted by rustythread View Post
    Let's face it--those of us of the testicular gender tend to believe that all guys are born with superb ability to shoot pistols, drive trucks, and make love. Give your significant other a couple of stiff drinks and ask her for her opinion on that belief...
    That, my friend, is great!! (And so true...)

I'm stealing it.

Tractor
    SOLD L2800DT-F, purchased Kioti CK20 HST

"Let's face it--those of us of the testicular gender tend to believe that all guys are born with superb ability to shoot pistols, drive trucks, and make love. Give your significant other a couple of stiff drinks and ask her for her opinion on that belief..."

Isn't that like one of them asking one of us ; does this dress makes my butt look fat? ;-0

At least she doesn't know where the keys to the Kioti are.

Tractor
    SOLD L2800DT-F, purchased Kioti CK20 HST

"For example, I got a lot of guff from the operator / instructor at a local pistol range when my wife--who had never fired a center-fire handgun of any kind--after only a couple of hours of instruction fired a 590 out of 600 on the 60-round ppc course, including all 10s at the 25-yard line, with a 4-inch S&W Model 15. It would be reasonable for the reader to infer that it had taken me quite a few more than 60 rounds, and more than a couple of hours of practice, to get up to a 590."

What ever.
    In Texas we call that the stuff the male cow leaves on the ground.
    No wait laser sight.

The Kioti hasn't been started in weeks, got to go start it tomorrow.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Criminals are Dogs, If not cool then stay out of my house.
    I can't tell if you're serious, or just posturing, but make no mistake about it: if you shoot an intruder, then bury him and never speak of it again (SSS), you better hope the heck nobody ever finds out, because even if the shooting was 100% justified, you're going to be in big trouble for not reporting it. And the fact that you didn't report it is going to make it even harder to convince anybody that the shooting was justified.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell

I can't tell if you're serious, or just posturing, but make no mistake about it: if you shoot an intruder, then bury him and never speak of it again (SSS), you better hope the heck nobody ever finds out, because even if the shooting was 100% justified, you're going to be in big trouble for not reporting it. And the fact that you didn't report it is going to make it even harder to convince anybody that the shooting was justified.
    I think we are all aware.

Tractor
    Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004

I installed a security system , motion sensor lights and video cameras at my beach house

Any motion and the lights go off

Any motion and the cameras automatically email me alerts with stills

Anyone dumb enough to get through al that and break on will set off alarm in house which calls me automatically

The cameras are a huge comfort

I called the police on one prowler my cameras alerted me on and was my elderly neighbor checking on my house

Cameras are from fiscal and need power but are wireless yo the router

Easy to put anywhere

Joel
    Joel
    2004 Kioti LK3054XS TLB
    Woods Box Blade
    King Cutter Tiller
    Three Point Snow Blower
    York rake
    60 inch king kutter tiller
    1994 Ford F600 Dump Truck "Kioti Hauler"

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    That's where the shut-up part is very important.
    Murph ------------

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST

A few years ago I had a tenant that had Rottweilers, 7 of them. The thieves in town assumed I was breeding Rotties for guard dog duty. (It helped immensely that a local gossip spread that around). The thieves stay away.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast