Came home last night

/ Came home last night #1  

landedakioti

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota L4060 hst
Came home last to someone trying to break into my house i chased him off, my daughter and pregnant wife are scared and mad at me for chasing him away because he could of had a weapon. So we called the police station and will have a officer drive by the house for a couple days.

/ Came home last night #2  
Came home last to someone trying to break into my house i chased him off, my daughter and pregnant wife are scared and mad at me for chasing him away because he could of had a weapon. So we called the police station and will have a officer drive by the house for a couple days.

I'm sorry, and I certainly hate it that this sort of thing keeps happening.

I take it that they are mad that you chased him because you could have been injured. They will get over it, and it just means they love you so much, so that's a mad you can secretly smile about. Many here would have done the same. A man is going to get active pretty darn quickly when he senses a risk to his family. I can't Tuesday morning quarterback you about it.

/ Came home last night #3  
After multiple break-in's at my Miami property, I know it is an un-nerving experience. It has got to be worse with the family involved. I've had a watch order on my house down there for several months, but it hasn't stopped them. I was told by one of the policemen that once they figure out a schedule when you aren't there, chances are they will cool it for a few weeks or so, then try again.

I don't know your feelings on carrying a weapon yourself, and with your wife and daughter, it might be worse to do so, but you may have to consider some type of alarm system. I have one up here at my North Florida place - it's called 10 Basset Hounds and let my neighbor who doesn't work know when I'm not on the property. So far, it's worked, but then again, this isn't Miami.

/ Came home last night #4  
Do you think they could outrun ruber bullets, or rock salt shot out of a shotgun ? LOL

/ Came home last night #5  
Can't fault you for what you did. Danger or not, a man has got to do what he thinks is right at the time. If you feel it might happen again, a camera recording system with motion and IR would let you know who to "address" about it. You got lucky this time, but he/they might try again when you're not there.

/ Came home last night #6  

When seconds count...cops are only hours away. Get a gun, load it, and next time shoot the SOB. Train yur wife and daughter on how to handle a gun. There is nothing on this planet worse then a thief.

/ Came home last night #7  
Get a concealed carry permit and carry. If you could have fired a couple rounds over his head while he was running away, he would think twice about coming back the next time. Ken Sweet

/ Came home last night #8  
I would do the same, the chase would be on. And my wife would be mad too!
I have installed several motion sensors and lighting around my house and barn. They do help keep unwanted visitors away. I would love to get ones with sound....say a growling rottie sound!

/ Came home last night #9  
Why do you want to chase one? Chances are they will have a knife or bar to hit you with. My Uncle used to tell me if you are ever chasing someone to fight, don't catch them or they might just kick your arse. Don't shoot over their heads either...terrible waste of a bullet.