Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40se HST with FEL, Simplicity Landlord, JD130

Default DK40 se HST Trans and Axle Fluid?

Hello folks,

First, I'm sorry if this is an often repeated question here. I did look a bit, but didn't find it addressed directly.

My 2011 DK40se HST is approaching time for it's first service, so I eyeballed the owners manual for fluid specification. Listed was:

1. Daedong UTF55
    2. Exxonmobil Mobilfluid 424
    3. BP Tractran UTH 560
    4. Shell Donax TD

None of these are carried in my local farm supply stores or auto parts places. The dealer recommends "a premium universal hydrolic fluid".

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mike

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: DK40 se HST Trans and Axle Fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by southerniltractor View Post
    Hello folks,

First, I'm sorry if this is an often repeated question here. I did look a bit, but didn't find it addressed directly.

My 2011 DK40se HST is approaching time for it's first service, so I eyeballed the owners manual for fluid specification. Listed was:

1. Daedong UTF55
    2. Exxonmobil Mobilfluid 424
    3. BP Tractran UTH 560
    4. Shell Donax TD

None of these are carried in my local farm supply stores or auto parts places. The dealer recommends "a premium universal hydrolic fluid".

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mike
    TSC should work.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Shell Donax TD is now called Shell Spirax S4 TXM; some Walmarts carry it in stock. Many Shell oil products are called Spirax now and the S4TXM is what specifies it's tractor fluid. The Shell stuff costs about 50% more than the premium stuff from TSC. Some tractor fluids are not suitable for wet brakes or HST trannys so you can't use just anything. I went through this drill a couple months ago and several TBN posters assured me that the TSC premium stuff would be fine but I'd already bought the Shell stuff. See:

http://www-static.shell.com/static/m...20S4%20TXM.pdf
    Last edited by ritcheyvs; 12-12-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Scott
    Kioti DK45S, KL451 loader, Howse 601S cutter, Phoenix M72S mower

kco
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

I use Case Hytran Ultra. I had about 4 gallons on hand because that is what I used in my previous tractor, wanted to make use of it, and it is available at the local Case dealer. So I continued to use Hytran after checking with my dealer. I believe they use a good quality, non-Kioti specified brand that they buy in bulk from the Volvo heavy equipment dealer.

Tractor
    kioti dk40se hst

I talked to two kioti dealers as long as it meets jd 303 your fine. So i bought case hydraulic oil .

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

TSC Premium or equivalent. If you are going to do all fluid replacement look through recent posts regarding draining final drives as well as fluid from transmission AND definitely do the front axle when called for and look for description of how to drain them and use the sight glass to refill to proper level, etc.
    You can, but do not have to drain all the transmission hydraulic fluid UNLESS it is dirty, milky in color, of has become contaminated by water, etc. This becomes a personal choice for each owner- for instance my selling dealer has been in tractor business since before the dinosaurs, and he NEVER changes the trans fluid unless, see above.
    I will likely change it soon after over 450+ hours but I ALWAYS do the specked filter change intervals.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

I changed out the fluid at 50, and I was surprised how dark it was compared to the fluid that went back in.. Also a lot of what looked like paint pieces came out. No metal noted though.. Like CM said, be sure to get the final drives in the back too, It will be over a gallon left just for them. I used the high dollar Mobile Fluid 424..I bought it off of a local oil company in Harrison Ar.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Gold Member
    Tractor
    DK50SE Cab

There are no less than 1,000,000 similar threads to this one. I used TSC Traveller Premium-good price, easy to find. I wasn't too worried since the dealer mechanic suggested the generic Sam's Club stuff.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by rjwerth View Post
    There are no less than 1,000,000 similar threads to this one. I used TSC Traveller Premium-good price, easy to find. I wasn't too worried since the dealer mechanic suggested the generic Sam's Club stuff.
    Did the dealer mechanic say he owns a DK series Kioti? Somehow I seriously doubt it. Just saying, there's more reliable places to get advice....
    BTW, I will use the TSC when I do eventually change my trans fluid, unless I change tractors first.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

all the tractor supply places wanted too much $$$$$ for their fluids. I was able to get shell Donax at an automotive fuel distributor shop for 1/2 the cost of the tractor dealerships.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast