Making a DS3510 "Tactical"....

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #11  
Nice solution.

I've been looking to find a way to mount a .22 or shotgun on my DK50. I have a coyote, fox, racoon problem myself... usually too far away for my 9mm...

David

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical"....
I think your idea is sound, but wouldn't a long gun be more appropriate since I would have to assume he is going to have a long gun?

Being a convicted felon, he is not supposed to have guns, but probably does.
If anyone can come up with a secure and quick draw way to mount an m4 to me tractor, by all means share!:thumbsup:

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #13  
No way a branch is pulling a pistol out of a postive retention holster like the Blackhawk Serpa...if I hit something that bad, I'll know it!

As for the neighbor, the only traction we are getting is from the state reps who are trying to pass laws to help us out. LEO have no recourse, and to be honest not sure they really care to. It's a LOOONNNGGG story that entails everything from corrupt cops to liberal judges in VT.

The whole point of the modification is to allow me easy access to my weapon when carrying on my person is not possible, such as snowblowing. Take it for what you will, but I hope someone out there might take my idea and run with it for their own needs and purposes!

Please don't take this the wrong way but it looks silly, like a big ole sign saying look at me and fear me, but for the wrong reasons.
Just my $.02
Level 3 retention, so you or no one else can extract the weapon?
I have several and a weapon can be pulled out by accident if caught on something.

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #14  
Being a convicted felon, he is not supposed to have guns, but probably does.
If anyone can come up with a secure and quick draw way to mount an m4 to me tractor, by all means share!:thumbsup:
What kind of felony did the guy commit?

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical"....
What kind of felony did the guy commit?

DUI felon. He has quite a past from living in CT years ago, had a corrupt uncle that was chief of Bridgeport police. Long story short, he got in trouble on both sides of the law and was magically placed up here and the VT state police handle the guy with kid gloves when it comes to his threats, vulgar behavior, and basic menace in the whole community.

As for the placement, I would prefer to NOT have it where it is, but it really did not go well anywhere else. Controls or me getting constantly flagged prevented it going elsewhere. We are an open carry state, and if someone has a problem with me carrying a gun on private land, then oh well. If someone gets the wrong idea or thinks I am trying to convey some kind of message, then oh well. Guns have been around me my whole life, and there is no way I'm bowing to the pressure of the "PC" public.

If a branch can pull the pistol out then there is no I am watching where I am driving, that or trees around me have developed quite dexterous branches!

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #16  
I have a leather scabbard attached to the right side. No M4, but a Henry .22....for the M4 you will need a tactical scabbard:thumbsup:
cantilever009.jpg

Side view:
cantilever008.jpg

Btw, the Henry goes everywhere with me on my place. Another identical scabbard is on my wheeler.

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #17  
I have a leather scabbard attached to the right side. No M4, but a Henry .22....for the M4 you will need a tactical scabbard:thumbsup:
Btw, the Henry goes everywhere with me on my place. Another identical scabbard is on my wheeler.

Denis,

I've been thinking similar thoughts. BTW the chainsaw Log rocks...
I've got a sweet .22 semi-auto scoped Marlin that would be perfect for varmint duty (I've learned my shotguns simply don't have the range for the cleared areas). I keep seeing these rubbery ATV gun holders and I want to mount something like that in about the same spot on my tractor.

I see and seem to recall you have like a roll cage canopy, that is the gray steel going up behind the leather holster, right?

David

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #18  
Why would you attach the holster to the tractor and not to yourself? I often keep a gun on me for animal protection,but it`s attached to me in case I`m away from the tractor. Just asking!