Making a DS3510 "Tactical"....

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #1  

Buckgnarly

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DS3510
Since I have a neighbor who is a little crazy (to the tune of threatening the neighbors lives for the past two years), and the state of VT seems to not care to do anything, it was time to protect myself when working in an open cab.....added a Blackhawk holster for the Beretta!:thumbsup:
Mounting options were easily accessible with a safe orientation of hte barrel. Did not want to be constantly flagging myself or foot while driving or working near the tractor, so wound up on the tool box to my right. Easily grabbed even with gloves on and safetly pointing to the ground in the RARE case of the dreaded AD.

Holster.jpg

Holsterrear.jpg

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #2  
Very nice, are you commonly close enough to him for pistol work? In a case like that I'd probably want at least a shotgun but more likely a rifle, could easily mount it in the same spot/orrientation I would think.

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #3  
sounds like some folks in deep East Texas

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #4  
Yikes!!!!!!! What's the local sheriff or cops say about your neighbor?

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #5  
If I haven't heard any gun shots from any of my neighbors for a while I go over to make sure everything is alright.

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #6  
We have a coyote problem around here. My neighbors may seem crazy to a city person, but they are quite sane.

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #7  
I'm a retired USAF guy, now living on 50 acres in rural NC. My neighbor owns a skeet range a mile south of the house. Now I recognize two sounds of freedom.

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #8  
Hope you don't have a brush with a tree or limbs, you might loose your weapon, or worse run over it.
Saw a neat shirt the other day that had a right or left side pocket for carry on it, if you don't like a holster on the hip.
I like that comment ; "My neighbors may seem crazy to a city person, but they are quite sane." [seacap04] I resemble that remark!

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical"....
Hope you don't have a brush with a tree or limbs, you might loose your weapon, or worse run over it.
Saw a neat shirt the other day that had a right or left side pocket for carry on it, if you don't like a holster on the hip.
I like that comment ; "My neighbors may seem crazy to a city person, but they are quite sane." [seacap04] I resemble that remark!

No way a branch is pulling a pistol out of a postive retention holster like the Blackhawk Serpa...if I hit something that bad, I'll know it!

As for the neighbor, the only traction we are getting is from the state reps who are trying to pass laws to help us out. LEO have no recourse, and to be honest not sure they really care to. It's a LOOONNNGGG story that entails everything from corrupt cops to liberal judges in VT.

The whole point of the modification is to allow me easy access to my weapon when carrying on my person is not possible, such as snowblowing. Take it for what you will, but I hope someone out there might take my idea and run with it for their own needs and purposes!

/ Making a DS3510 "Tactical".... #10  
I think your idea is sound, but wouldn't a long gun be more appropriate since I would have to assume he is going to have a long gun?