Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

Default Making a DS3510 "Tactical"....

Since I have a neighbor who is a little crazy (to the tune of threatening the neighbors lives for the past two years), and the state of VT seems to not care to do anything, it was time to protect myself when working in an open cab.....added a Blackhawk holster for the Beretta!
    Mounting options were easily accessible with a safe orientation of hte barrel. Did not want to be constantly flagging myself or foot while driving or working near the tractor, so wound up on the tool box to my right. Easily grabbed even with gloves on and safetly pointing to the ground in the RARE case of the dreaded AD.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 25D

Default Re: Making a DS3510 "Tactical"....

Very nice, are you commonly close enough to him for pistol work? In a case like that I'd probably want at least a shotgun but more likely a rifle, could easily mount it in the same spot/orrientation I would think.

Tractor
    2006 Mahindra 6500 4X4; 1969 IH 450 D

sounds like some folks in deep East Texas

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

Yikes!!!!!!! What's the local sheriff or cops say about your neighbor?
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL

If I haven't heard any gun shots from any of my neighbors for a while I go over to make sure everything is alright.
    Don
    Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL, 7 ft landscape rake, 4 ft QA forks, 7' Fisher snowplow converted to QA, Satoh Bull 630D w/fel (being restored) JD 317, mower, tiller

Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL

We have a coyote problem around here. My neighbors may seem crazy to a city person, but they are quite sane.
    Don
    Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL, 7 ft landscape rake, 4 ft QA forks, 7' Fisher snowplow converted to QA, Satoh Bull 630D w/fel (being restored) JD 317, mower, tiller

Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

I'm a retired USAF guy, now living on 50 acres in rural NC. My neighbor owns a skeet range a mile south of the house. Now I recognize two sounds of freedom.
    Scott
    Kioti DK45S, KL451 loader, Howse 601S cutter, Phoenix M72S mower, Deere BB5072 Box Scraper, Fit Rite Hydro Top Link

Tractor
    SOLD L2800DT-F, purchased Kioti CK20 HST

Hope you don't have a brush with a tree or limbs, you might loose your weapon, or worse run over it.
    Saw a neat shirt the other day that had a right or left side pocket for carry on it, if you don't like a holster on the hip.
    I like that comment ; "My neighbors may seem crazy to a city person, but they are quite sane." [seacap04] I resemble that remark!

Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

Quote Originally Posted by GMtb42 View Post
    Hope you don't have a brush with a tree or limbs, you might loose your weapon, or worse run over it.
    Saw a neat shirt the other day that had a right or left side pocket for carry on it, if you don't like a holster on the hip.
    I like that comment ; "My neighbors may seem crazy to a city person, but they are quite sane." [seacap04] I resemble that remark!
    No way a branch is pulling a pistol out of a postive retention holster like the Blackhawk Serpa...if I hit something that bad, I'll know it!

As for the neighbor, the only traction we are getting is from the state reps who are trying to pass laws to help us out. LEO have no recourse, and to be honest not sure they really care to. It's a LOOONNNGGG story that entails everything from corrupt cops to liberal judges in VT.

The whole point of the modification is to allow me easy access to my weapon when carrying on my person is not possible, such as snowblowing. Take it for what you will, but I hope someone out there might take my idea and run with it for their own needs and purposes!

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

I think your idea is sound, but wouldn't a long gun be more appropriate since I would have to assume he is going to have a long gun?
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast