AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #1  

kiotiken

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab
Well, I had a really bad 3 minutes today. It started when I was making the run out for a toboggan run for the kids. I didn't pay attention and backed into one of the light stands for the rink lights. Didn't feel it, hear it, but I knew it was there and knew right away I screwed up. I was really pissed when I turned around and saw the pole on the ground, many bad words where yelled in the cab. I immediately set off back to the shelter to park the tractor and deal with the lights. Since we've had about 5 feet of snow so far this year, lots of snow is now packed down at the shelter entrance, and apparently the clearance isn't what it used to be. Still PO with having to fix the lights, I backing in full speed into the shelter and heard a huge bang!!! OHHHHH FU%K!!!!!!! I got out of the cab and looked back. One of the work lights was pointed low and I breathed a sigh of relief thinking it just needed to be adjusted, but a closer look showed the real damage. The light had been ripped through the plastic roof of the tractor. Major damage to the roof section with a large section literally ripped away. I called my dealer and was told a new roof section is $1400. Not a huge surprise but a real piss off for sure. I called a well know plastic manf./repair place in Ottawa and they think it can be fixed for under $100, depending of the material used for the roof.

Sooooo, I guess I need to take the roof off, and have them look at it. I need to figure out a time to do it when there's no snow in the forcast since I can't blow snow with no roof. Even with the roof the way it is, I'm worried since there's now an entry for snow, very bad timing.

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #2  
Man that sucks. I hope it doesn't set the pace for the new year.

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #4  
OUCH..as they say "always could been worse"

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #5  
It comes in 3s so hold on....
sorry about your misfortune.

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #6  
Yep, I been there. Sorry for the pain. :( Do you know how to remove the roof? Lucky it pretty easy. I open mine a few days ago it took 30 minutes. I can't imagine it would take much longer to remove it since it just means unpinning the rear hinges. Do you have a picture of the damage? I ask because the heater fan is in the rear.

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #7  
Ken sorry to hear about that, good luck with the repairs. I wonder if you could bungee cord on a tarp in the meantime to keep the snow off while your roof is being repaired?

James K0UA

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #8  
That sucks. Make sure you use plenty of duct tape in any temporary repairs for the quality redneck look though.

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
It comes in 3s so hold on....
sorry about your misfortune.

Yah, I tore all the netting off my hockey net trying to get it out of the snow bank last night, so I guess that's 3!

The roof will come off very easily and they say it's a quick repair. I'll try and get a picture of it up today.

/ AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! #10  
HOLY CHIT,I would be Pi$$ed also.Good luck on repairs.coobie