What does this do???

/ What does this do??? #1  

Retired guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK 30HST
Still trying to figure out my CK30 HST with a cab. Thanks to the forum I got the radio on N.A. frequencies.
This time I am wondering what the yellow handled lever next to the parking brake lever does. I cannot find a reference to its function in the manual [or most of any thing else in the manual]. I think the salesman said it was a "cruise control". I used my Kubota B21 HST for years and never had something like this. Please help!

/ What does this do??? #2  
Still trying to figure out my CK30 HST with a cab. Thanks to the forum I got the radio on N.A. frequencies.
This time I am wondering what the yellow handled lever next to the parking brake lever does. I cannot find a reference to its function in the manual [or most of any thing else in the manual]. I think the salesman said it was a "cruise control". I used my Kubota B21 HST for years and never had something like this. Please help!

The yellow handle on my `Ck 30HST is the cruise control. I hardly use it but if you do, set the speed you want to travel and pull back on the handle and it will hold your speed. To disengage tap the brake pedal.

/ What does this do??? #3  
You use cruise most for when you are mowing, This gives you a chance to rest your right leg so you don't have to hold down the hydro pedal. As said just set your speed and engage the handle. Now you are free to move your right leg around.

James K0UA

/ What does this do??? #4  
This is a timely thread. I hardly ever use my cruise but I noticed this summer it would work and then not work. Is there a trick to it or maybe I need adjustment? I do notice a threaded connection with a jam nut. Maybe I tighten that a bit?

/ What does this do??? #5  
This is a timely thread. I hardly ever use my cruise but I noticed this summer it would work and then not work. Is there a trick to it or maybe I need adjustment? I do notice a threaded connection with a jam nut. Maybe I tighten that a bit?

I know mine (dk40) only works in forward motion. I thought it was broken until I figured this out.

Tractor on,
Phill

/ What does this do??? #6  
Why would one need to use cruise control in reverse...LOL....just wonderin.......

/ What does this do??? #7  
The cruise control on my DK35 will not operate if the interlock for left and right brakes is off. It's a safety feature to prevent accidental high speed turns by locking one rear wheel.

/ What does this do??? #8  
The cruise control on my DK35 will not operate if the interlock for left and right brakes is off. It's a safety feature to prevent accidental high speed turns by locking one rear wheel.

That makes sense. I never really thought about it much. I used the cruise a time of two to see if it worked, I just don't have any flat ground to use cruise on. I kinda wondered why that big red light came on that says "split" when you have the brakes split for independent braking. Now it makes more sense.

James K0UA

/ What does this do??? #9  
I don't use the cruise at all on my CK27HST. I also don't use the brakes, just rock the go bar back a little and it stops.

/ What does this do??? #10  
I use CC all the time- going up my steep driveway with a bucket loaded, moving grappled logs at low speed long distances, etc. etc.
I switch off the switch to disengage, or hit the brakes, depending on what outcome will work best in a given set of circumstances.