Tractor
    CK 30HST

Default What does this do???

Still trying to figure out my CK30 HST with a cab. Thanks to the forum I got the radio on N.A. frequencies.
    This time I am wondering what the yellow handled lever next to the parking brake lever does. I cannot find a reference to its function in the manual [or most of any thing else in the manual]. I think the salesman said it was a "cruise control". I used my kubota B21 HST for years and never had something like this. Please help!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    ck 30 hst

Default Re: What does this do???

Quote Originally Posted by Retired guy View Post
    Still trying to figure out my CK30 HST with a cab. Thanks to the forum I got the radio on N.A. frequencies.
    This time I am wondering what the yellow handled lever next to the parking brake lever does. I cannot find a reference to its function in the manual [or most of any thing else in the manual]. I think the salesman said it was a "cruise control". I used my kubota B21 HST for years and never had something like this. Please help!
    The yellow handle on my `Ck 30HST is the cruise control. I hardly use it but if you do, set the speed you want to travel and pull back on the handle and it will hold your speed. To disengage tap the brake pedal.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

You use cruise most for when you are mowing, This gives you a chance to rest your right leg so you don't have to hold down the hydro pedal. As said just set your speed and engage the handle. Now you are free to move your right leg around.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

This is a timely thread. I hardly ever use my cruise but I noticed this summer it would work and then not work. Is there a trick to it or maybe I need adjustment? I do notice a threaded connection with a jam nut. Maybe I tighten that a bit?

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE HST, 401FEL, RB40-96 pivoting Rear Blade

Quote Originally Posted by pickeringchris View Post
    This is a timely thread. I hardly ever use my cruise but I noticed this summer it would work and then not work. Is there a trick to it or maybe I need adjustment? I do notice a threaded connection with a jam nut. Maybe I tighten that a bit?
    I know mine (dk40) only works in forward motion. I thought it was broken until I figured this out.

Tractor on,
    Phill
    ================================================== ===
    Kioti DK40SE HST
    Our 2nd Amendment RIGHT comes from God and protects all the others!
    ================================================== ===

Tractor
    2003 Kioti 50C FEL with QA, 72" root grapple, woods ' box blade, kioti 72" tiller,18J mini excavator, 71 GMC dump truck, 4 200 cc dirt bikes, 500cc BMX XUV 4x4, 346 xp killer chain saw, 40x64x12 insulated epoxy coated floor garage

Why would one need to use cruise control in reverse...LOL....just wonderin.......
    Todays Mighty Oak is just Yesterdays NUT that held it's ground

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

The cruise control on my DK35 will not operate if the interlock for left and right brakes is off. It's a safety feature to prevent accidental high speed turns by locking one rear wheel.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by kco View Post
    The cruise control on my DK35 will not operate if the interlock for left and right brakes is off. It's a safety feature to prevent accidental high speed turns by locking one rear wheel.
    That makes sense. I never really thought about it much. I used the cruise a time of two to see if it worked, I just don't have any flat ground to use cruise on. I kinda wondered why that big red light came on that says "split" when you have the brakes split for independent braking. Now it makes more sense.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

I don't use the cruise at all on my CK27HST. I also don't use the brakes, just rock the go bar back a little and it stops.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

I use CC all the time- going up my steep driveway with a bucket loaded, moving grappled logs at low speed long distances, etc. etc.
    I switch off the switch to disengage, or hit the brakes, depending on what outcome will work best in a given set of circumstances.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.