Lights on the FEL bracket of DK40

/ Lights on the FEL bracket of DK40 #1  

CowwFace

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST, 401FEL, RB40-96 pivoting Rear Blade
I've been belly achein' about the lights on my DK40 for awhile. I added some to the ROPS a few years ago, that work great... When the ROPS is up. I have to fold it down to get the tractor into my portable garage and sometimes I want to do some quick task and too lazy to put the ROPS up. (Don't even start with me safety police)

My answer was to make some brackets that I bolted onto the FEL bracket. These lights of coarse stay on the tractor when the FEL is removed. I just used the inexpensive ($8.00) lights from harbor freight, they seem to work well. I've only used them one night sol far, but hopefully the snow is gonna start flying soon!!

Tractor On,
Phill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
   / Lights on the FEL bracket of DK40 #2  
Hey those look pretty good. They look like you might have to be carful with them if in the woods. I would like to install some secondary lights eventually. Is the wiring hard to figure out?

/ Lights on the FEL bracket of DK40
The lights just have one wire for the positive. They use the mounting bracket as the ground. I just ran the + wire down to the wire for the side lights on my tractor and used a splice connector to tap into it. I used Breakfree CLP on the attachment points to try to keep the ground intact for long term.

Overall I'd say quite easy.

Tractor on,
Phill