Filters

/ Filters #1  

blucoondawg

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE w/ loader and Woods 90x backhoe, Allis Chalmers C with front snowplow
I am a little over on my 50 hour service now and am pricing my filters, the dealer I bought through is too far away, I may still contact them and see what they'd charge to ship me my stuff. Anyways here are some prices I got off the internet at farmparts4less.com, what do you all think of these prices?

Oil Filter:$9.35
Trans Filter: $87.41
Hydraulic Filter:$24.31
Fuel Filter:$3.87

Shipping: $12.87

Now this is my first time with a hydro tractor, so I don't know if these are typical prices or if there is a cheaper way to go, especially with the Hydro filter, almost 90 bucks seems way out of line for a filter. Anyone have any recommendations on places to find this stuff cheaper?

/ Filters #2  
I am a little over on my 50 hour service now and am pricing my filters, the dealer I bought through is too far away, I may still contact them and see what they'd charge to ship me my stuff. Anyways here are some prices I got off the internet at farmparts4less.com, what do you all think of these prices?

Now this is my first time with a hydro tractor, so I don't know if these are typical prices or if there is a cheaper way to go, especially with the Hydro filter, almost 90 bucks seems way out of line for a filter. Anyone have any recommendations on places to find this stuff cheaper?

Yup...go with OEM...how much did the tractor cost ?....dont cheap out on filters and blood dude....JMHO

/ Filters #3  

That's where I bought mine from, good prices and quick delivery, they are OEM filters too.
Check Wallace Tractor and Equipment NEPA Compact Tractors Lake Ariel Poconos Honesdale PA, have to plug them for doing a good price on the CK20 FEL crack repair part.

/ Filters
Yup...go with OEM...how much did the tractor cost ?....dont cheap out on filters and blood dude....JMHO

I wasn't talking about getting cheap low quality filters, I was more asking if there were dealers or sources for the OEM stuff that weren't so expensive, 90 bucks just seems like wayyyy to expensive for a lousy filter.

/ Filters #5  
I paid about $103 for my "red version" from the McCormick dealer. I did research them online and $80-90 was about the cheapest I found them. I decided to buy from the dealer to establish a good relationship in case I need service in the future.

As a side note, I think I almost bought your tractor, blucoondawg. I was looking at it about a week before you did and I could not decide between the orange, red or white versions. When I saw you posting about it I almost called the dealer to tell him I wanted it, because it seemed like a pretty good deal. I decided to go with the McCormick because of the proximity of the dealer, and I liked the red paint too:) Hope you are enjoying your tractor!

/ Filters #6  
OEM was the only source I could find for the trans filter. It is not your normal canister filter. It is very heavy duty.

/ Filters
I paid about $103 for my "red version" from the McCormick dealer. I did research them online and $80-90 was about the cheapest I found them. I decided to buy from the dealer to establish a good relationship in case I need service in the future.

As a side note, I think I almost bought your tractor, blucoondawg. I was looking at it about a week before you did and I could not decide between the orange, red or white versions. When I saw you posting about it I almost called the dealer to tell him I wanted it, because it seemed like a pretty good deal. I decided to go with the McCormick because of the proximity of the dealer, and I liked the red paint too:) Hope you are enjoying your tractor!

Really? Small world, lol. To tell you the truth I didn't even know there was a red version until I just read your post and looked up the McCormick website to see a tractor identical to mine in red. All I knew about was the Kioti and Bobcat, I did a ton of reading on here before buying too and didn't see anything mentioned.
If I were in the area I would buy from the dealer I bought the tractor from but I'm a couple hours away so I will probably be ordering online or else using Bobcat stuff as I have 2 of those dealers around.

/ Filters #8  
Your prices all look pretty good, except the trans filter at $87.41. I purchased an OEM filter for my CK35HST at my dealer for $42.58. If you wanted to check with them, they are Miller Equipment in Anderson, CA, at (530) 378-1116.

/ Filters #9  
Really? Small world, lol. To tell you the truth I didn't even know there was a red version until I just read your post and looked up the McCormick website to see a tractor identical to mine in red. All I knew about was the Kioti and Bobcat, I did a ton of reading on here before buying too and didn't see anything mentioned.
If I were in the area I would buy from the dealer I bought the tractor from but I'm a couple hours away so I will probably be ordering online or else using Bobcat stuff as I have 2 of those dealers around.

Get ready to have your mind blown, you can get it in blue too. That's the nice thing about these tractors, they come in all your favorite colors! Check out the Landini CUT, it used to be made by LS but is now Kioti, although somebody on TBN just mentioned the parent co. is the same between McCormick and Landini.

/ Filters #10  
I wasn't talking about getting cheap low quality filters, I was more asking if there were dealers or sources for the OEM stuff that weren't so expensive, 90 bucks just seems like wayyyy to expensive for a lousy filter.

I AGREE 100%...but as time goes on, you'll be happy that they are even obtainable ;)

If you think Kioti is proud...try looking up IHI mini excavator filters and parts....WHEW !!!

I haven't been able to even find an AIR FILTER that can be ordered ONLINE for my IHI 18J....YIKES. for this moment ( not using at all, just starting and moving it around) I HAD to install a motorcycle "pod" filter on the air cleaner cold air intake tube mounts just to have SOME kind of filtration for running it and keepin things lubed and working....the filter that WAS in there, wouldn't allow an industrial shop suck to move ANY air through it.....NONE