Getting mad

/ Getting mad #91  
Did they send you a new switch or an old one they took out of somebody elses tractor? That doesn't sound like a new part to me.
Good point, sounds fishy to me. Is a Kioti dealer that bad of a company to send old parts to a person? And a new part fail that quickly? Plot thickens.

When I opened up the new one the copper had greenish tint on it. I do think there is something else I talk to a dealer that are still waiting for the updated switches. When they get them from kioti they will come and install it and test everything else.
Do you leave the tractor outside uncovered exposed to the elements? Use some dielectric grease on the contacts keeps the water out and them from turning green. https://www.google.com/search?q=electrical+grease&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=serp&gs_mss=delectrical%20grease&pq=electrical%20grease&cp=2&gs_id=1m&xhr=t&q=dielectric+grease&es_nrs=true&pf=p&client=firefox-a&hs=ip2&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&oq=dielectrical+grease&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41642243,d.aWM&fp=cb613fd398c77cdc&biw=1024&bih=638
Odd the switches don't have the dielectric in them already. Use a large piece of heat shrink tubing and hermetically seal the switch too.

/ Getting mad
I think they took one out of a tractor on the lot because kioti corp hasn't sent the updated switches it was in hopes to get me by why I wait for the updated one.

/ Getting mad #93  
I think they took one out of a tractor on the lot because kioti corp hasn't sent the updated switches it was in hopes to get me by why I wait for the updated one.

Connie is out for you Nate.

/ Getting mad #95  
As to the date coding on the switch harness: often assemblies such as that cable are made by subcontractors who for best pricing need to make in batches of 1000, 5000 etc.
and often a manufacturer simply buys the larger quantity if he feels that he can well afford to stock a couple of years worth. Many times the set up charges can be the highest part of the cost which then gets better and better with volume.
Same as with hardware. A handy pack consisting of 5 bolts might be $2.00 and the same bolts sell for $5.00 per hundred. Packaging, stocking and handling is what does it.

/ Getting mad #96  
OK, sorry to bring this thread out of the trash for a minute. LAK, your luck stinks but here's what you should really be taking away from this. Even though it didn't work out, you now have a dealer who was willing to go out of his way to get you a solution by ripping a switch out of one of his tractors. It's too bad the switch didn't work for you, but he is trying to make it right and that's the kind of dealer you need to work with. As was mentioned, maybe the switch has nothing to do with the real problem, and if that's true, you're going to need the services of a good dealer.

OK, sorry to interrupt. Resume the rants, grumpiness and bitterness over being called a troll. Gentlemen...

/ Getting mad
OK, sorry to bring this thread out of the trash for a minute. LAK, your luck stinks but here's what you should really be taking away from this. Even though it didn't work out, you now have a dealer who was willing to go out of his way to get you a solution by ripping a switch out of one of his tractors. It's too bad the switch didn't work for you, but he is trying to make it right and that's the kind of dealer you need to work with. As was mentioned, maybe the switch has nothing to do with the real problem, and if that's true, you're going to need the services of a good dealer.

OK, sorry to interrupt. Resume the rants, grumpiness and bitterness over being called a troll. Gentlemen...

KK,
I talked to kioti corp today and the dealer. The dealer should be get the new switch next week then they will come to the house to install and test other things to make share everything is working right. I like Whittemore and son dealer in Maine. Very nice dealer. Also the guy I talked to at kioti a lot nicer then Connie. I like dealing with him very helpful.

/ Getting mad #99  
good riddence

/ Getting mad #100  
With Connie gone there is a chance of getting through to someone who might actually help owners of Kioti tractors.
I'll second the motion to say adios to her for sure.