Getting mad

/ Getting mad #41  
Guys, if you are having repeated issues out of this part... why not get rid of the part and install an aftermarket keyswitch?. I realize the frustration, but if the switch on my Kubota failed...and I found out it was a common issue, I would put an aftermarket switch on it. Any competent heavy truck shop should have one, as well as your local Cat dealer.

/ Getting mad #42  
Guys, if you are having repeated issues out of this part... why not get rid of the part and install an aftermarket keyswitch?. I realize the frustration, but if the switch on my Kubota failed...and I found out it was a common issue, I would put an aftermarket switch on it. Any competent heavy truck shop should have one, as well as your local Cat dealer.

Not a bad suggestion at all. For me, if I have a 4 year warranty, I expect it to be taken care of with no effort or expense on my part. My dealer coming to my place to fix the tractor for free or floating it to his shop, again free of charge, during the warranty period was a HUGE part of my decision to buy a Kioti (they do that for all their customers). I realize not everybody has a dealer who'll do that, but it would still burn my @$$ to pay for a part that should and would be covered under warranty.

/ Getting mad #43  
KiotiKen;

Sounds like you have a great dealer.

The dealer closest to me (at the time) told me that nothing was covered under warranty unless I paid to have the tractor transported to his site. Luckily I did not buy from that dealer.

Speaking of great dealers....Recently, I went to the two closest Kioti dealers for a couple of bolts (Kioti Tractor - Hex Head Bolt M12-1.25P 40L Item: 1001-1238). Both said it would be a lot of paperwork for such a small purchase, and would take a long time to come in, and suggested I get them somewhere else.

I called Bob and Denise from Michigan Iron, and they shipped the next day. They were fantastic.

/ Getting mad #44  
KiotiKen;

Sounds like you have a great dealer.

The dealer closest to me (at the time) told me that nothing was covered under warranty unless I paid to have the tractor transported to his site. Luckily I did not buy from that dealer.

Speaking of great dealers....Recently, I went to the two closest Kioti dealers for a couple of bolts (Kioti Tractor - Hex Head Bolt M12-1.25P 40L Item: 1001-1238). Both said it would be a lot of paperwork for such a small purchase, and would take a long time to come in, and suggested I get them somewhere else.

I called Bob and Denise from Michigan Iron, and they shipped the next day. They were fantastic.

This is both a dealer issue and a Kioti dealer IMO. Kioti needs to establish base standards for dealers and do a better job screeing them. I have complaints about the JD dealers I've dealt with (no need to get into that) and have heard similar complains on TBN, but they all seem to be very professional, same with the one Case dealer I've bought parts from and the one Kubota dealer I've dealt with. I'm sure every color has a few bad dealers. I've seen Kioti's being sold out of small country hardware stores, plenty of stories of dealers going out of business and lots of people complaining about their dealer. This hurts the whole brand and Kioti should understand that and put policies in place to make sure it happens as infrequently as possible.

My dealer seems to be the best local dealer in any color around me and as you say, there's several others on TBN that are great as well.

/ Getting mad #45  
Landedakioti: Where do you find the time to take care of yourself and your family with all the good you do for humanity?

/ Getting mad #46  
Landedakioti: Where do you find the time to take care of yourself and your family with all the good you do for humanity?

Dang,
Is it me or are all Kioti owners the least sympathetic to each other here? Glad I dont have a Kioti-wouldnt want to get beat on everytime I have a problem posted. :pessimist:

/ Getting mad #47  
Dang,
Is it me or are all Kioti owners the least sympathetic to each other here? Glad I dont have a Kioti-wouldnt want to get beat on everytime I have a problem posted. :pessimist:

Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of owners of brands not considered the main lines get very defensive of their respective brand regardless of the problem. It can be frustrating to them when someone constantly has issues with their particular brand/ model. It is just part of the discussion board life.

Of course all brands have these types but generally it seems smaller brands have a higher percentage. I don't know why that is but I've been surprised the op hasn't got fed up with some of the replies posted on here.

/ Getting mad

Instead of sitting in front of a tv I work there and my family helps my daughter split 16cords of wood by herself at age 10. My wife help burn brush and try's to fundraise. On top doing this nonprofit I make art and donate to there cautions to raise funds .

/ Getting mad
Again this Saturday had to take it part again clean dry and put back together to start the tractor.

image-2324669448.jpg

image-3292993050.jpg

image-2509788031.jpg

/ Getting mad #50  
Looking at your pics you gave me an idea. My tractor lives outside for the time being. I may wrap the switch body in self-vucanizing electical tape and coat with liquid electrical tape. I have not had any issues since I cleaned the connector, but I am expecting them. Thank you Landedakiota.