Dk 45 fuel tank removal, i need help.

/ Dk 45 fuel tank removal, i need help. #1  

hogsndogs

Tractor
Kioti dk45
I've got the fuel tank loose in its compartment, but I can't get it out due to the steel tab that bolts to the top of the fuel tank frame. I've taken the console to floor bolts loose thinking that I could lean the console back far enough bit it won't lean the back. How do I get the tank out?

/ Dk 45 fuel tank removal, i need help.
It helps a little, thanks.

Ok, got it out. It is a metal tank, and it is a used tractor. It must have sat for a while and built water up in the tank. After I cleaned it off, there ended up being 5 pencil lead sized holes under the paint. ( it had been leaking pretty bad, the paint had been bubbled up by pinholes in the tank and when I hit it with the pressure washer it uncovered all the holes.) Working on patching it up.

/ Dk 45 fuel tank removal, i need help. #6  
Good work. Kiotis now have a plastic tank to avoid that problem.

If it is convenient and you have time, perhaps you can post a few photos for future reference.

I'll definitely put up some pics when I get back home.

/ Dk 45 fuel tank removal, i need help. #8  
Patching it up? You are glutton for punishment, for every hole you can see, there are 3 or 4 thin spots getting ready to break through. I have never had luck with patches, it seems like I am right back taking the part out again in a few weeks/months/years (pick one) and then I have to buy a new one anyway.

I know but I can't afford a new tank right now. The prices I've found are in the 500 range. However I had to cut almost all of the bottom of the tank out and replace it with new metal. I know its not a permanent fix, but if it will get me through till summer, can live with it.