DK35 oil question

/ DK35 oil question #1  

sirrobinhood

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55
Hello All,
I am a new owner of a used DK35:)...First tractor:)
Anyway, the dealer is sending me a manual but I would like to change the fluids on the tractor.
Tractor has 800 hours on it..Is there a way figure out what oil it has? Regular or Synthetic?
If not, what would you guys do, just go synthetic or use regular oil?
Also, does the hydraulic use the same fluid as the manual transmission? What do you guys recommend?
Thanks for the info!

/ DK35 oil question #2  
Howdy sirrobinhood, I use rotello 15w40. Is yours a HST? The trans and hydraulic is the same. You have a owners book?

/ DK35 oil question #3  
I used Rotella 15W40 for engine and Mobilfluid 424 for the hydraulic/transmission and front axle. Some guys like to use 80w90 for the front axle, but I put the Mobilfluid 424 back in it. Be sure to change all of your filters (3 if you have hydrostat) The hydrostat filter is pretty expensive but it is worth it to keep the machine well maintained.

James K0UA

/ DK35 oil question #4  
I run Rotella T-6 5w-40 synthetic motor oil.
Rotella heavy duty tractor transmission/hydraulic fluid in the transmission/hydraulic system.
And 80-90 gear oil in the front axle of my DK 35.

/ DK35 oil question
Thanks all.
Not knowing what type of oil the original owner put in, would it hurt if I put regular oil in if synthetic oil was already in there?

/ DK35 oil question #6  
Thanks all.
Not knowing what type of oil the original owner put in, would it hurt if I put regular oil in if synthetic oil was already in there?

No, it won't hurt anything. Drain the hydraulic fluid at all 3 plugs (1 in center & 1 at each axle housing) the only fluid left in system would bw what is left in steering system and loader circuit, this will mix fine with whatever you put in.