Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1715

Default Lk3054 injector pump

I was looking a some old post concerning injector pump problems, can the pumps be rebulit or do they have to be replaced,

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1715

Default Re: Lk3054 injector pump

The reason I'm asking this is I'm looking at Lk3054 and the previous owner sez the rpm's on this tractor went high and the only way they could shut it down was to cut off the fuel supply, don't know how long it ran like that, I'm getting it at good price but this last bit of info concerns me, there was a post on here from a couple years ago that someone had the same trouble, the tractor will not start due to a bad starter and this is not a great concern other than buying a pig in a poke.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 3054xs TLB

I can't remember the particular post, but seems I remember reading the injector pumps are manufactured under license from a major manufacturer, but they will not support the maintenence/rebuilding of their pumps; therfore there is no parts availabilty to the rebuilders. You're stuck with the dealer
    2004 3054xs
    1231 FEL
    Markham tooth-bar
    2376 BH, 9 and 18 inch buckets
    DR PTO chipper
    Blizzard B74 sno-blower
    250 hrs

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 20 HST ancient Rhino traded in

Do a search for "injector pump failure" in the kioti owning and operating forums and you will find a ton of posts.
    ck20 hst - QA KL120B FEL - KB2465 BH W/16"bucket and Thumb, Rear Snow Blower. Post hole digger, Pallet forks, 3pt log splitter.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by double hunter View Post
    The reason I'm asking this is I'm looking at Lk3054 and the previous owner sez the rpm's on this tractor went high and the only way they could shut it down was to cut off the fuel supply, don't know how long it ran like that, I'm getting it at good price but this last bit of info concerns me, there was a post on here from a couple years ago that someone had the same trouble, the tractor will not start due to a bad starter and this is not a great concern other than buying a pig in a poke.
    What year and how many hours and what is being asked for price?
    You could be buying a mechanical nightmare without knowing anything about the actual current running condition of the tractor; for all you know they could have blown the engine up.....
    I'd want to work out having a good starter in place and seeing the engine run before I'd cast $ 1 toward it.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Quote Originally Posted by double hunter View Post
    I was looking a some old post concerning injector pump problems, can the pumps be rebulit or do they have to be replaced,
    Yes (maybe) and Yes. This is a Bosch IP design, now Zexel, that was licensed to Doowan, who probably built the IP in that tractor. Based on license agreements and the lack of parts and tech data, many Bosch/Zexel diesel shops won't touch them. Otherwise they could be repaired for a couple hundred dollars. So practically, you might have to buy a new one from a dealer.
    Scott
    Kioti DK45S, KL451 loader, Howse 601S cutter, Phoenix M72S mower, Deere BB5072 Box Scraper, Fit Rite Hydro Top Link

Tractor
    Kioti LK3054

If you haven't already taken care of your injection pump here's some info that might help.
    Yes they can be re-manufactured but the cost seems to run $8-900. The cost for new replacement is anywhere from $900 to $1150 depending on year and motor. Be very sure you have correct serial # and engine number. We have spent more hours that I want to count trying to find the right injection pump for our Lk3054.
    If you want the name of the best Kioti parts man I have dealt with, Brian at Haltom Equipment Co. at 317-831-4985 or check the website haltomequipmentco.com. If you talk to Bruce, tel l him Kary with Meadow City sent you.
    Hope this helps and isn't too late