DS vs DK

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / DS vs DK #1  

13gef13

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar ym1510d Kioti ds3510 Kioti EX5310
What is the difference between the DS series and the DK. I am buying a DS3510 with 4 in 1 and would like to know what is relevant to my tractor when I look at the posts.
Thanks, Geoff

/ DS vs DK #2  
Check out the specs of each tractor at the web site: kioti.com

/ DS vs DK #3  
I thinking of selling mine has 125 hrs most of the hrs is going down the main road.

/ DS vs DK #4  
The DS3510 is a stripped down CK35. It is not at all comparable to a DK series. There are a no bells and whistles 35 HP gear drive tractor for a very reasonable price. The only issue that I have with them is that the 3PH valve is not load sensing. This means that at PTO rated RPM with a heavy implement (snow blower) the hitch moves up so fast that unless you quickly pull up the hitch lever to the desired height it chatters the tractor and implement vigorously. There have been several complaints about it but it is the way it is. Other than that it is a great value.

/ DS vs DK #5  
Yes! sell it immediately so we can all have peace from your constant complaints about Kioti, Kioti Corporate and various dealers.
Put us all out of your misery.

Easy now. TBN, first and formost, is to get help with issues we're having with our tractors. After that, it's a place to post what we're doing to people who are interested in similar things (and who don't roll their eyes at us like our wives).

LAK, don't sell your tractor, you won't find anything else like it at the price you paid for it. You'll also take a big hit. You've now found a good dealer, so work with them (and THEM only - pretend Kioti Corp doesn't exist and Connie works for Kubota), to get through all your issues.

Cm, one stop reading my post then. The only dealer issue I have is where I bought cm and with kioti corp when you get a issue and you want it straightened out call ask for Connie I'm share she help you. I will keep posting freedom of speech. So get off my back you dip can't say the other word. I think people are also tired of your post to half the time. You think you know it all.

I'll have to agree, if you see a thread started by LAK, don't bother reading it and ignore his posts. None of us come here for personal attacks. "Look at kioti.com" isn't all that helpfull either, I'm sure the OP figured that much out all by himself.

To the OP, I don't have any real experience with the DS line because my dealer doesn't seem to push them. My impression from what I've read is that it is similar to the relationship between the Standard L Kubota line and the Grand L line. They are more basic tractors with fewer features. They are smaller and lighter than the corresponding CK or DK model and they don't have the same capabilities as the corresponding CK or DK model. That said, they are a value tractor that will meet all the needs of a type of tractor user and are a fantasitic buy. I also think they are leaps and bounds ahead as far as utility to what other colors offer.

Some of the differences off the top of my head that you can verify at Kioti.com as suggested by CM:

3pt hitch load sensing as already pointed out. Also doesn't have the dial to adjust the rate at which the implement is lowered if memory serves.
Lighter
Less cap. on 3pt
Less cap on loader
Less cap on hydraulic pump
Less features. No rubber floor, no telescopic link ends, no telescopic sway bars etc.
Gear only, no HST avail.
No draft control. CK doesn't either.
No remote included. DK has one included and you can add a second. DS and CK have single and double remotes as options only.

Hope some of this helps.

/ DS vs DK #6  
The DS3510 is a stripped down CK35. It is not at all comparable to a DK series. There are a no bells and whistles 35 HP gear drive tractor for a very reasonable price. The only issue that I have with them is that the 3PH valve is not load sensing. This means that at PTO rated RPM with a heavy implement (snow blower) the hitch moves up so fast that unless you quickly pull up the hitch lever to the desired height it chatters the tractor and implement vigorously. There have been several complaints about it but it is the way it is. Other than that it is a great value.

Kind of. The DSCK35 is listed as a 3 cyl as is the CK35, but the CK35 is switching to 4 not sure about the DS. The CK is heavier. The DS has more lift cap. in the 3 pt. They both have the same pump.

/ DS vs DK #7  
You can control the drop rate on the 3 ph, and after using my snowblower this year the whole sensing thing is not a big deal for me.

I wanted a gear and wanted no frills, and the DS delivers! After using it, I found some features that I thought I would not use to be invaluable...

The two stage clutch is GREAT for snowblowing the stacks I plow. I back into them and let the blower clear, release to back further, then repeat.

The hand throttle is also a great for snowblowing. Set the throttle to RPM range, Put it in "turtle", usually 1st reverse, and I am off. I can literally stand up, turn around, and steer.

I really do not change implements much, so do not miss the telescoping links. I can also add the remote for 350, cheaper than going to another model.

If you want a no frills tractor that has a lot of power, look no further IMHO.

/ DS vs DK #8  
You can control the drop rate on the 3 ph, and after using my snowblower this year the whole sensing thing is not a big deal for me.

I wanted a gear and wanted no frills, and the DS delivers! After using it, I found some features that I thought I would not use to be invaluable...

The two stage clutch is GREAT for snowblowing the stacks I plow. I back into them and let the blower clear, release to back further, then repeat.

The hand throttle is also a great for snowblowing. Set the throttle to RPM range, Put it in "turtle", usually 1st reverse, and I am off. I can literally stand up, turn around, and steer.

I really do not change implements much, so do not miss the telescoping links. I can also add the remote for 350, cheaper than going to another model.

If you want a no frills tractor that has a lot of power, look no further IMHO.

The two stage clutch you describe is a live PTO. It is the same set up as on the CK's, even the HST versions (and the reason there is a clutch pedal on an HST tractor). Having had a Live PTO and an independent PTO, I'm starting to think I prefer the live version, although I'm happy not to have a clutch pedal for it. Your tractor has a live PTO, but the other DS tractors use an independent PTO similar to the DK series but I don't think they have the manual/auto setting.

/ DS vs DK #9  
The two stage clutch you describe is a live PTO. It is the same set up as on the CK's, even the HST versions (and the reason there is a clutch pedal on an HST tractor). Having had a Live PTO and an independent PTO, I'm starting to think I prefer the live version, although I'm happy not to have a clutch pedal for it. Your tractor has a live PTO, but the other DS tractors use an independent PTO similar to the DK series but I don't think they have the manual/auto setting.

But it is still a two stage clutch, yes? As I understood it, it is a live PTO with two stage clutch.

i would agree with liking the live for the fact that I can use the clutch to feather engagement. As I understand it the switch engages it as son as the switch is thrown, yes?

/ DS vs DK #10  
But it is still a two stage clutch, yes? As I understood it, it is a live PTO with two stage clutch.

i would agree with liking the live for the fact that I can use the clutch to feather engagement. As I understand it the switch engages it as son as the switch is thrown, yes?

Yes, the first stage of the clutch engages the transmission and then the PTO. When you throw that switch, it comes on pretty hard. I always go back to idle before starting the blower, I just see snapping a shear pin otherwise. That may not be a valid concern, but for me, it makes the "auto" function useless. I know some of the bigger tractors have a gentle on feature that starts the PTO a little slower. They're also using 1000 RPM PTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.